Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 22.02.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: From £25,000 plus Benefits
Retail Operations Coordinator... we call this role Retail Operations Lead. Responsible for identifying and delivering improvements to our existing retail systems, processes, and relationships with key departments. Works closely with the rest of the Global Operations Team to identify ongoing issues and plan changes to address them.
As part of the Ops Tech Team, works closely with the IT and Technology departments on all projects impacting Retail, ensuring Retail’s needs are met, and providing clear communication to Retail teams on operational and procedural changes.
- Be a trusted store operational expert who can advise the business about processes and how changes will impact stores / considerations that need to be made
- Support with ensuring stores escalate their issues using the correct channels
- Identify and own small and medium operational improvement projects.
- Collate feedback from the retail teams through regular contact and store visits.
- Challenge existing processes and make suggestions for store operational improvements to central functions.
- Champion ‘best practice’ with the retail teams.
- Create clear operational processes and ensure these are relevant and kept updated with the view for stores to ‘self-serve.’
- Ensure all stores are briefed on operational activity and have sufficient time to plan and execute.
- Maintain our relationships with key external parties/suppliers.
- Maintain relationships with all key departments that play a technological role within the global estate (Ecommerce/IT/Digital etc.)
- Support with store openings/closures.
- Champion technological and procedural improvements across our different territories
- Work with all departments and process owners to ensure processes that impact Retail are fit for purpose, and establish new processes where needed
- Review existing departmental processes and make recommendations on which department should own both new and existing processes.
- Help shape the future of systems and maintain operational excellence.
- Create and manage projects, from pilot trials to full rollouts of software, hardware, and procedural updates.
- Support the planning and management of Retail Operations projects and initiatives that feed into the Retail Strategy and Plan, where applicable.
- Work with the US and EU Operations Leads to ensure that country/state specific tech needs are met and maintained to maximise retail efficiency.
- Work with the Translations and Communications teams to ensure that all store tech processes are fit for purpose across all territories.
- From a store operations/management background. You have a good understanding of how stores work and what they need to operate effectively.
- A confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Able to build relationships cross functionally.
- Well organised and able to prioritise your workload.
- Able to manage several small projects at any one time, set priorities, meet deadlines, take personal responsibility and communicate issues.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and have a willingness to learn new skills
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search