Closing date for applications: 18.12.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
A newly formed Pre-Season Planning role, leading the delivery of business results through long term demand analytics and planning. You will set up the processes and drive the tools to enable product to be fully available to consumers when, where and how they want to buy it – at a global level across a complex multi-channel operation.
Material improvement in forecast accuracy, product coverage, stock excess and cash optimisation will be key metrics of success in this critical role.
This role reports into the Head of Collection strategy, part of the planning function within the Merchandising team. As with any new role, we will be looking to you bring your expertise and shape it for the future!
Lead the forecasting process to enable an unconstrained view of consumer demand across all style choices, product classes and sales channels, through a multi horizon view to promote the advantages of long-range planning, to achieve business results.
You will oversee the production of a detailed “buy signal” to enable supplier capacity planning and accurate stock purchasing to achieve buy schedules which in turn ensures availability.
You will lead the development of the S&OP process, working closely with all operational departments at Superdry under the supervision of the COO and Sustainability Director, to promote one version of the truth at all times, balancing supply and demand.
You will be a member of the Senior Management team in the Merchandising & Planning division, leading and inspiring others through the seasonal planning cycle.
In this influential role you will be rolling up your sleeves to oversee demand analytics and planning through the following lens:
- Launch and lead the creation of the statistical (baseline) demand forecasts using historic data and key inputs
- Manage and pressure test the accuracy of demand forecasts to ensure the buy signal achieves the plan, ensuring all product and channel specific focus areas are fully considered
- Manage the delivery of forecasts to aid production capacity planning to support the management of inventory, ensuring buying schedules are achieved in line with the critical path and product coverage KPI
- Manage the use reporting of data and insights to enable decision making aimed at missed opportunities and future growth. Drive the move towards systemic artificial intelligence to drive real time information to predict future demand
- Launch and lead the overall demand forecasting cycle, developing forecast models per channel – ensuring a best practice approach to Retail Stores, Online, Wholesale & Franchise
- Lead the Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) process across the operational teams, ensuring adherence to the new process and coordinating the exec S&OP meetings. S&OP is a key strategic focus for the business overall with board sponsorship.
- Manage the style choice & product class demand planning elements of the monthly Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) cycle to support the business in making data-led decisions around open to buy, cash, service and inventory
- Set up and manage an analytical overview of a product lifecycle, beginning with the introduction of a new product through to its end-of-life planning, supporting the strategy for stock liquidation
- Launch and lead demand forecast reporting to highlight exceptions and variances to plans, which may impact stock or availability
- Challenge and positively influence cross-functionally to ensure all financial budgets and forecasts are truly reflective of consumer demand. Overseeing the collaboration with Commercial Finance to ensure a fully joined up approach to long term planning
- Oversee the effective collaboration with all Commercial and Operational functions, building strong relationships to help the undertaking of constructive demand reviews ensuring key changes are captured and actioned. Ensure transparency and full ownership of the plan is achieved through a consensus-based approach
- Lead performance against Pre-Season KPI’s, taking actions to course correct where necessary
- Lead and oversee all contingency planning for risks and opportunities
- Manage new ways of working to improve operational service level effectiveness to achieve sell through
- Manage relationships with cross functional teams to evaluate demand and consumer centric opportunities and drive the appropriate action
- A leader who has set up, developed and taken a business on a best practice demand forecasting journey – to great effect through improvement in key business metrics and results
- Demand Planning, Merchandising or similar Supply Chain experience
- Self starter, influential, great communication skills and excellent at building internal relationships
- Data savvy. High numeracy levels with a keen eye for detail. Highly analytical with advanced excel skills
- Very good at storytelling and presenting information to drive action
- Customer centric – putting the end consumer at the heart of what you do
- Collaborative with other teams across the business to promote honest and open communication to build long lasting relationships
- Can demonstrate sound decision-making based on intuition and judgement
- Good communication and excellent team player
- Confident communicator with colleagues at all levels including senior management and exec
- The ability to influence cross-functionally in order to gain alignment with other teams, bringing them on a journey with you
- Effective time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Commercially aware to maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Able to be hands-on and self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines. Agile and responsive to change
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search