Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 20.02.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: From £19,877 plus Benefits
Our in-house digital team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting-edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role, sitting within our Testing team, will play a vital role in ensuring that new developments are thoroughly and meticulously tested, with issues and improvements identified and passed back to the developers for further work, prior to final testing before release to the live environment.
Reporting directly to the QA Manager we are seeking an experienced lead testing professional with a track record of working in a similar role in a fast paced, busy environment with a leading edge ecommerce retailer.
- Be able to work under the guidance of senior testers to understand the testing approach and use of various tools to perform manual testing.
- Identify and prioritise trainings needs and objectives with the help of senior members of the team.
- Under the guidance of QA manager and Senior testers, develop a training plan and invest time and effort in finding the right material and adhering to the plan alongside working on sprint tasks.
- Work closely with the product teams of Developers and Business Analysts to ensure full coverage of business requirements relating to website testing and support.
- Participate proactively in daily stand-up meetings, team meetings and project meetings.
- Create test scripts that capture all possible functionalities and eventualities, ensuring that comprehensive and thorough testing takes place
- Drive product quality by capturing, escalating, and pursuing resolution on defects.
- Conduct detailed manual testing of website developments across multiple devices, operating systems and browsers including desktop, mobile and tablet; Windows, IOS and Android; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Conduct positive testing, checking that the sites work how they are designed to work, and negative testing, trying to break them by using them in ways they were not necessarily designed to be used.
- Identify defects, issues, problems and potential improvements, log these on the JIRA issue tracker, and work closely with the developers to ensure they fully understand the amends and changes required.
- When development amends are completed, retest and repeat the process until no further defects are identified, then recommend the developments for release to the live environment.
- Conduct regression testing on the websites to ensure that new developments do not have any unintended consequences on the existing functionality of the sites.
- Conduct smoke testing once the developments are released to the live environment.
- Good test analyst skills such as attention to detail, defect tracking, troubleshooting issues etc.
- Driven, energetic, motivated and hungry, with an exceptional work ethic.
- An excellent organiser with good time management skills to prioritise workload and complete training and other project tasks in time.
- Curious, inquisitive, and willing to ask lots of questions.
- Logical, analytical and thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, good with people and highly interactive.
- Able to learn new systems quickly.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search