Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 15.07.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The EU Financial Accountant role will be a key person in the Financial Reporting team. You will be responsible for helping to prepare the IFRS Group year end and interim accounts, as well as the preparation of local subsidiary accounts across a number of territories. There will also be the opportunity to get involved in projects and assist with the implementation of new financial standards where relevant. You will work closely with a wide variety of contacts across Finance and externally.
- Assist with the management of European subsidiary accounting, including managing audits remotely and liaising with external accountants
- Work closely with the tax team on the collation of information required for international tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated IFRS Group accounts and notes that form the back half of the published Annual Report.
- Act as a key contact and have a hands on role in the success of the Group audits at year end and interim.
- Monitor intercompany recharges and compliance with transfer pricing requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packs for overseas entities.
- Validate information reported in trade announcements to the City.
- Provide support to the Finance senior management team and peers as required.
- Manage ad hoc international requirements, liaising with other departments within Superdry as needed
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with Big 4 audit experience desirable.
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS.
- Role is ideal for someone who is looking to make their first move from practice into industry who is experienced in production and /or audit of statutory accounts.
- Proactive, driven, resilient and able to work under your own initiative.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to change your approach depending on audience.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
- An ability to work under pressure to set deadlines.
- An analytical thinker and logical problem solver.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search