Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 10.07.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to join our Accounts Payable Team as an Accounts Assistant. You will be an integral part of this very busy team who look after the end-to-end payables process for several legal entities / countries, and payment types including Stock, Logistics, Rent and Overheads.
This global role could see you working on or across any of supplier types, so adaptability, flexibility and resilience is key to this role.
You will be expected to build strong relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business to ensure that invoices and account activities are managed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Process, correctly code, pay and post invoices, ensuring that suppliers in your given entities are paid on time and in line with payment terms
- Process credit notes, and chase workflow and PO approvals as necessary
- Monitor supplier accounts to ensure the aged creditor position is maintained
- Deal with payment and account queries from suppliers and the business
- Complete monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Provide the finance team with information about suppliers and payments as required
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Form a partnership approach with your key suppliers
- Take responsibility for the correct set up / change of your suppliers
- Assist with various Accounts Payable related duties including closing month end
- Complete your own administrative duties within the team
- Support other members of the team with workloads as required
- Assist with any project related activities that contribute to process and /or system change
- Work in accordance defined processes and in line with the Internal Control Framework that governs this Team
- From an accounts / finance office background already
- Comfortable using Microsoft office, specifically Excel
- Resilient to a high-volume workload, and able to flex between priorities
- An excellent communicator both verbal and written, and able to manage the expectations of Global suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Highly organised with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work on your own initiative as well as part of the wider AP Team
- Happy to work towards, or have completed your AAT qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledgeable with CODA or other accounts systems (desirable but not essential)
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search