Closing date for applications: 03.07.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
As an integral member of the Design team reporting to the Design Manager you will articulate your creative vision and lead the Branding team. Enthusiastic and immersed in contemporary style and culture, you are obsessed with design and passionate about branding and the work you produce.
- Lead branding for the 2 annual seasons across the collections
- Be agile, and able to work across Short Order and SMU projects on an ongoing basis in season
- Be responsible for supporting all aspects of the branding design process to include market research, design process, supplier communications and critical path deadlines
- Collaborate with Head of design and Design Managers to ensure creative projects and direction are aligned with key business needs and seasonal priorities
- Utilise and share your knowledge and understanding of branding raw materials and application and be able to use these in the most effective way per collection
- Work closely with and clearly communicate lead times to suppliers
- Independently plan and organise workload for your team, play to their strengths and ensure that deadlines are met
- Effectively communicate and present branding concepts, sharing your work in a persuasive and compelling way
- Establish strong working relationships with the Design team, Sourcing, Regional offices and Suppliers
- Be the guardian of our professional and consistent “house style” standards of art working, presentation of information, internally and externally
- Be responsible for upholding the branding and raw materials archive
- Consistently seeks out global innovation working closely with our supply base
- Motivate and mentor the team, being a key member of the Graphics and Branding Team
- Lead supplier trips, planning itinerary’s and confident to travel independently overseas on research and supplier visits
- Liaise with our in-house legal team to ensure that we have understood and comply with design legalities on graphical implications and that all background research and designs are updated
- A highly experienced branding designer, with a minimum of 2 years managerial/leadership experience, within the fashion industry.
- Ideally University degree in Graphic design or Fashion Design
- Excellent leadership skills, organisation, and communication skills
- A master of branding materials and processes
- Exceptional attention to detail, in everything you do
- Immersed in culture and style with a focus on apparel and branding
- Passionate about design and able to demonstrate an understanding of the Superdry handwriting and DNA
- A team player, who can work across several teams and situations on different levels
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment, agile, adaptable, and resilient to change
- Able to think strategically and problem solve in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Proven presentation and negotiation skills
- An intermediate/advanced level user of a PLM system and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.)
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search