Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 29.07.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
As the Superdry brand resets and evolves, we are moving into an incredibly exciting period for the business. This really could not be a better time to join Superdry.
We have an opportunity for an FP&A Analyst to join the team, supporting the forecasting and analytical processes that support Superdry’s organisational financial health and business strategy. You will support the FP&A manager in driving the budgeting/forecasting/reporting processes, cash flow management as well as supporting the half and full year statutory reporting processes.
You will be a qualified accountant and have strong practical experience in industry or newly qualified from practise. Experience of working with international entity accounts as well as a grasp of working in a multi-currency environment would be highly desirable. In addition, you will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment whilst being able to deliver against deadlines, to a high standard. Experience of Cognos or related systems would also be advantageous.
- Assist the FP&A manager in building and maintaining the budget/forecast model as we move through the in-year forecasting process with first draft of primary statements (profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow) delivered to the FP&A manager for review.
- Assist with the modelling and maintenance of the weekly cash flow forecast working closely with other finance teams to track actuals vs budget and report on variances in a timely fashion.
- Develop the currency cash flow model working closely with the treasury team to ensure we understand our currency needs and exposure.
- Own and develop the 5 year planning model, including sensitivity analysis and scenario analysis to support the strategic planning process.
- Own the FP&A reporting tool ‘Cognos’ and be the in house expert supporting other teams with queries and furthering the integration of Cognos as the primary forecasting and reporting tool.
- Build on and improve the KPI/Strategic Scorecard of the business to give the Board and Senior Management the key data points to assist in assessing performance.
- Work closely with Financial Reporting and IR in the production of the segmental analysis and profit bridging information to form the initial view of the key drivers of YoY performance.
- Help facilitate monthly P&L flash meetings, taking notes on the key movements and drivers and producing a clear list of actions for each stakeholder following the meetings so that the month end can be closed out efficiently..
- Own the budget/forecast Group timetable to enable the forecasting process to run smoothly.
- Support the FP&A manager in maintaining the group risk and ops schedule and rolling forecast, working closely with business partners and management accounts to ensure R&Os are accurately captured.
- Provide support to the FP&A manager, Head office business partner, Investment Capital Analyst, IR Analyst and Head of FP&A/IR on ad-hoc analysis and longer-term project work.
- Support business partners with their reporting needs working closely with management accounts.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA part/fully qualified
- Have practical experience of accounting/FP&A within industry/practise
- Proactive, driven, resilient, and able to work under your own initiative
- Competent and comfortable with using finance systems – experience of using Cognos advantageous
- Able to hit the ground running, with a positive and driven attitude to make a real difference
- A strong communicator with the ability to interact across all levels of the business
- Comfortable explaining financial information to non-finance stakeholders in a clear and engaging way
- Able to foster strong working relationships with the team and with cross functional team members
- Able to deliver consistently against deadlines to a high standard, with a real focus on delivery
- Located within commuting distance of our Cheltenham head office
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search