Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 09.12.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are seeking an experienced Principle Software Engineer to join our digital team at a very exciting time as we continue to build upon our cutting edge technology stack. As a Principle Software Engineer, you will work within the digital team to design and innovate against the Digital technology stack of applications for Superdry. You'll work closely with the Product team, ensuring we are set up for technical delivery of the businesses requirements. Working with the Superdry Central Architecture forum to ensure a holistic, structured technical approach for the business supporting its longer term objectives.
- Work alongside the Engineering team to help prioritise and solutionise the Technical Initiative and technical debt challenges emerging from the agile sprint teams.
- Create Proof of Concept and Technical plans, working alongside the central architecture function to ensure business continuity enabled by technology.
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time.
- Be hands off from the code, but still able to understand technical implementation done by Engineering teams to suggest improvements to Delivery.
- Work with the product team to understand what innovations are technically required to achieve the business goals.
- Work with the Senior Engineering manager to define the overall technical strategy and direction of the Digital ecommerce enabling platforms.
- Create technical blueprints to be reviewed and the deliverability to be accepted by Engineering teams, ahead of further increment planning.
- Ensure Software meets the needs of end-users and achieves business goals.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills to understand how to develop software based on the end user's needs
- Problem-solving skills to analyze, debug and fix technical issues
- Experience in delivering technology from an end-to-end perspective including front end, back end and Dev Ops.
- Hands on experience developing or managing with Serverless technologies or working with AWS technologies such as: Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, MQ, and/or Step Functions.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search