Closing date for applications: 06.06.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
With our business settling into the next phase of our evolution under new leadership. It is essential that we continue to develop a market-leading supplier base capable of supporting our fit, quality and sustainability ambitions, new brand collections and servicing the requirements of our emerging markets. This needs to be achieved while also adhering to our ethical and margin challenges.
To enable this, we are looking for an experienced Head of Sourcing from within the apparel industry. This personal will work closely with the Sourcing & Sustainability Director to lead, cultivate and set out the strategic vision for a global sourcing landscape equipped to service a £1.0bn global business. You will have worked at this level for at least 3 years and be well versed in all technical aspects of apparel sourcing.
You’ll also be up for a challenge. We are looking for an energetic strategic leader, capable of engaging and inspiring at all levels including internal stakeholders and the wider supply base.
- Develop, implement and deliver a global sourcing strategy and activities to support the agreed business objectives
- Inspire and lead the Sourcing function to fully commit to the achieving the strategic vision and objectives that deliver exceptional resourcing results to Superdry
- Introduce innovation, expertise and ideas to deliver Sourcing led competitive advantage
- Continue to develop a market leading supply base portfolio, ensuring that we are able to deliver our goals by delivering ‘right supplier and right location’, linked to amazing value
- Ensure the supply base meets our future ambitions including sustainability, ethical standards and automation
- Secure cost efficiencies through supporting the Sourcing team to effective negotiate with suppliers by accurately analysing costings with existing and potential suppliers
- Take full responsibility for analysing global demands, market development and forecasted needs to ensure that commercial opportunities are identified and capitalised on
- Support the Sourcing team as necessary throughout the cost negotiation, development and production stages to assess adherence to our ethical, technical and on-time compliance standards
- Manage Sourcing budget
- Deliver both country and supply base mix in line with seasonal plans
- Regularly report on all sourcing activity including supplier performance, country mixes, product category capability, new / exit suppliers and margin
- Drive supplier engagement and capability though performance improvement plans and innovation
- An experienced senior leadership with at least 3 years’ experience in this industry with demonstrable experience of leading a fast paced, dynamic and diverse function that delivers exceptional, measurable impacts on the overall success of the business.
- Energetic and fast paced with an entrepreneurial spirit to match the environment, demonstrating a real empathy and understanding of brands and maximising brand values.
- Someone with significant sourcing experience within the brand apparel industry, with a demonstrable track record of negotiation, dispute resolution and achievements
- An exceptional people leader with the ability to instil a culture of high performance, motivation and achievement
- Politically aware, with the ability to use direct and indirect influencing strategies
- Demonstrable level of problem-solving experience and working for a global company with multiple international businesses
- A commercial and strategic thinker with the capability to execute the role tactically, combined with a high degree of attention to detail
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key leaders in and around the business, equipped with the credibility to influence
- Extremely organised and able to keep on top of a large volume of communication from numerous stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Willing to travel to visit suppliers as required, including international travel
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search