Closing date for applications: 31.05.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Sourcing Manager to oversee our category management for sustainable sourcing and enable us to achieve our ambition to be ‘The #1 sustainable style destination’
Working closely with peers in the Merchandising, Collections Strategy, Q&T and Design teams to transition and further build on our already heavily sustainable focused product range. Reporting to the Head of Sourcing, you will be managing all elements of the supply base to ensure our market leading designs are manufactured to a high sustainable standard and delivered on time.
This role will suit an experienced Sourcing professional from within the apparel industry, who has extensive knowledge of Product Sourcing and extremely high level of price negotiating. You will understand the most effective ways to communicate with overseas suppliers and how best to deliver great quality to budget whilst also considering ethical standards, procedures and supplier conditions.
- Support the strategic objectives of the business/department by maintaining and developing an effective supplier recruitment and induction process
- Ensure that we are able to deliver our goals in the relevant categories by having in place an appropriate network of high quality, capable suppliers
- Secure cost efficiencies through effective negotiation with suppliers by accurately analysing benchmark costings with existing and potential suppliers
- Research supplier innovations, sustainable credentials and support the Design team in the development of new product categories
- Take responsibility for analyzing global demands, market development and forecasted needs to ensure that commercial opportunities are identified and capitalized on
- Visit factories as necessary throughout the cost negotiation, development and production stages to assess adherence to our ethical and technical compliance standards
- Manage sourcing projects within deadlines and in-line with the strategic direction of the department
- Manage budgets as well as assessing factory capacities
- Deliver both country and supply base mixed in line with seasonal plans
- A highly experienced Sourcing Manager or Senior Manager with a strong background in the fashion industry
- Experienced and knowledgeable about product, suppliers and factories, with a strong and well developed network of contacts
- Have an active interest in sustainability and keen to make a tangible impact to support our journey
- Equipped with advanced knowledge of product construction, the critical path, costing, manufacturing and calendar management
- Knowledgeable about trends in market conditions, pricing, future markets and delivering sustainability initiatives
- An excellent organizer, with project management and planning skills as well as the proven ability to prioritise multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and accurate work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Able to think through the details and contingencies of plans and make sound business decisions
- A strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to influence and establish credible relationships with suppliers, customers and employees
- A strong negotiator with the ability to find pragmatic solutions that work for all parties
- Able to fully understand the department strategy set out by the Sourcing and Sustainability Director and drive the strategic objectives on a daily basis through your team
- Willing to travel internationally to visit suppliers as required.
- Equipped with good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search