Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 13.02.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Working as part of the newly formed Pre-Season Planning team this role supports the delivery of business results through long term demand analytics and planning. You will enable product to be fully available to consumers when, where and how they want to buy it – at a global level. Forecast accuracy, product coverage, stock excess and cash optimisation will be key metrics of success in this impactful role. In this role you will analyse, plan and influence.
Forecast an unconstrained view of consumer demand across all style choices and channels, through a multi horizon view to promote long range planning, optimising the data at your disposal. You will produce a detailed “buy signal” to enable supplier capacity planning and accurate stock purchasing, supporting the S&OP process to balance supply and demand overall.
In this role you will analyse, plan and influence.
- Set up initially and then oversee the creation of the statistical (baseline) demand forecasts using historic data and key inputs
- Oversee and pressure test the accuracy of demand forecasts to ensure the buy signal achieves the plan, ensuring all product and channel specific focus areas are fully considered
- Drive the move towards systemic Artificial and Business Intelligence to drive real time information to predict future demand
- Oversee the delivery of forecasts to aid production capacity planning to support the management of inventory, ensuring all forecasts are shared in line with the critical path and buy deadlines
- Oversee the use reporting of data and insights to enable decision making aimed at missed opportunities and future growth
- Set up and manage the demand forecasting and planning model for all style choice across all channels – Retail Stores, Online, Wholesale & Franchise
- Manage the style choice relevant demand planning elements of the monthly Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) cycle to support the business in making data-led decisions around open to buy, cash, service and inventory
- Set up and manage an analytical overview of a product lifecycle, beginning with the introduction of a new product through to its end-of-life planning, supporting the strategy for stock liquidation
- Set up and manage demand forecast reporting to highlight exceptions and variances to plans, which may impact stock or availability
- Challenge and influence cross-functionally to ensure all financial budgets and forecasts are truly reflective of consumer demand. Collaborating with Commercial Finance to ensure a fully joined up approach to long term planning
- Collaborate with all Commercial and Operational functions, building strong relationships to help the undertaking of constructive demand reviews ensuring key changes are captured and actioned. Ensure transparency and full ownership of the plan is achieved through a consensus-based approach
- Manage performance against Pre-Season KPI’s, taking actions to course correct where necessary
- Manage contingency planning for risks and opportunities
- Manage new ways of working to improve operational service level effectiveness to achieve sell through
- Manage cross functional teams to evaluate demand and consumer centric opportunities and drive the appropriate action
- Experienced in Demand Planning, Merchandising or similar Supply Chain experience
- Proven to work effectively as part of a team and act in the best interests of the business
- Data savvy. High numeracy levels with a keen eye for detail. Highly analytical with advanced excel skills
- Very good at storytelling and presenting information to drive action
- Customer centric – putting the end consumer at the heart of what you do
- Collaborative with other teams across the business to promote honest and open communication to build long lasting relationships
- Demonstrating sound decision-making based on intuition and judgement
- Good at communicating and an excellent team player
- Confident dealing with colleagues at all levels including senior management and exec
- Able to influence cross-functionally in order to gain alignment with other teams, bringing them on a journey with you
- Effective in time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Commercially aware to maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Able to be hands-on and self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines
- Agile and responsive to change
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search