Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 06.02.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking for a German speaking Credit Controller to join the Finance Team based at our Cheltenham head office. Reporting to the Credit Control Manager, you will be responsible for the proactive management of accounts in the Germany and Austria territories, monitoring the risks associated to credit limits and shipping whilst at the same time taking responsibility for all debt recovery actions required to reduce debtor days.
The ideal candidate will have proven credit control experience, be an excellent communicator, highly organised, adaptable to change, and with an excellent eye for detail. You will need to be able to work under pressure, demonstrate tenacity and have great negotiation skills.
- Work to allocated monthly and annual collections targets
- Chase debt by telephone and email, keeping your debtor days to a minimum
- Allocate payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Process and generate reminder letters and monthly statements
- Proactively monitor, action and report on the risks associated to credit limits and shipping requests
- Liaise with other teams in Finance and Wholesale to best effect progress
- Input into month end reporting and account reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Fluent in Business German and English (written and verbally)
- Experienced in credit control activities
- An excellent negotiator with great communication skills
- Flexible, with good commercial awareness and the ability to think outside the box
- Customer focused and have experience of managing different customer types
- Dedicated with a strong work ethic
- Highly results focused with a track record of working to and achieving targets
- Able to use your initiative and have a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to work alone, as part of a team and across the different teams within the business
- A competent user of excel
- Able to apply a pro-active approach and focus on continuous improvement
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search