Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 06.02.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
To lead the Brand Creative global vision at Superdry through delivering inspiring and engaging communications against our product and consumer constructs.
As Head of Brand Creative, you will be accountable for the execution and on time delivery of high-quality creative across all channels for Brand Design, Photography and Videography, leading the team from concept through to production. Reporting into the Creative Director you will live and breathe creative and be immersed in contemporary culture and an ambassador of style.
- Be a true visionary, immersed in contemporary culture and style, with your work, what you wear and the way you live your life
- Lead and champion world class creative thinking throughout the department with an emphasis on delivering creative and commercial content
- Be a serious professional and skilled people manager, and have the experience of managing the complexities of multiple direct reports
- Develop the wider Brand Creative strategy, leading and collaborating with our key business stakeholders to deliver inspiring and engaging communications across all channels at all levels
- Work as the Creative guardian of our brand essence and DNA through all communications
- Ensure that the Brand Creative communication tool kit is in line with the brand, market, and consumer expectations
- Be accountable for shaping the integrated Brand concepts communication strategy built in collaboration with Brand Management team
- Lead creating and presenting creative concepts and final creative sign off with the Creative Director and on occasion other exec members, including our CEO
- Ensure the creative output is consistent and in line with brand objectives, with consistency across all creative touchpoints
- Lead and develop design directions and brief suppliers/external talent on communication requirements for all categories in line with the style choices and brand position
- Lead the development and sign off identity style guides, product branding and packaging, social visual content, lookbooks, art direction (stills and video), in store environment, POS, events, campaigns and internal events and presentations
- Lead and represent Brand Creative for any key internal and external presentations/meetings
- Lead regular Brand Creative meetings to share any business updates and departmental priorities/initiatives
- Plan and review Brand Creative budgets with the Head of the Creative Centre and Brand Agency Manager to ensure alignment with business expectations and opportunities
- Collaborate with the wider business and Creative Centre Heads of Department to deliver the wider category strategy ambitions
- Be accountable for the performance and development of Managers and Leads and resourcing of future talent at Manager and Lead level
- Assess and review the brand design deliverables approved rates and workflow, providing feedback as required
- A design professional with at least 7+ years’ proven experience of creating content – print, digital, photographic and moving image
- Experienced, 4 years + in running creative teams at the highest level with the ability to inspire and engage the teams
- Experienced in leading multi-functional teams and clearly outlining your creative vision to other creatives in order to truly realise your creative vision
- A creative heavyweight with boundless energy and the ability to produce brand assets that are of the highest taste level
- Passionate and immersed in style and contemporary culture and live and breathe design and the role it plays in your life is the utmost personal importance, it makes you who you are
- Clear on taste levels required to be relevant and credible
- Experienced and have a clear understanding of all digital aspects including digital platform and insights
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced design studio for a fashion/sportswear brand or retailer
- Someone who thrives in a multi project environment with an ability to change creative direction and creative thought process depending on the brief in front of you
- A confident presenter to varied and challenging audiences, using advanced presentation skills, and influencing capability
- Very experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite and Microsoft Office
- Able to drive and effect efficient and consistent ways of working across all creative teams
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search