Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 29.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting new opportunity for an ambitious Accountant to join the team, taking ownership for correctly accounting for our 240 global properties. Property is our second biggest overhead after payroll and is a core part of our business. You will be working closely with Management Accounts and Financial Reporting as well as two dedicated accounts payable assistants. As this is a new role there are lots of opportunities to build new models and find process improvements. This role will also work closely with the Property team to guide and support and joint landlord meetings, you will need to be a strong and confident communicator.
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to progress their career, across our various finance functions.
- Take ownership of correctly accounting for property, including understanding the financial impacts of our leases against IFRS16 reporting.
- Manage the balance sheet e.g., prepayments, accruals, deposits, guarantees in the accounts.
- Mentor and support the two accounts payable assistants so you get the best results together.
- Be a point of escalation for Landlords for payment or other issues.
- Work with the Head of Property to support those relationships, be comfortable to speak up.
- Look for ways to improve current processes to grow accuracy and understanding of our position.
- Be able to explain financial information to non-financial stakeholders in a clear and engaging way.
- Support the senior management team and peers as required.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required outside of normal duties.
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA (part or newly qualified)
- Proactive, driven, resilient, and able to work under your own initiative
- Able to analyse detail and enjoy resolving problems. You enjoy making things better
- Going to hit the ground running, with a positive and driven attitude to make a real difference
- A strong communicator, able to build relationships with the team and cross functional team members
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search