Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 23.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
This role will execute the channel marketing plan for our style choice collections across the physical and digital retail channels – own and 3rd party retail, wholesale and franchise partners in the UK and globally, to amplify and elevate the Superdry brand; through the provision of efficient and effective channel marketing programs.
You will work with the Brand Marketing Managers, Copywriters & Content Editor, Product Creative, Brand Creative to implement and deliver the Channel Marketing strategies to support the wider brand & business goals, creating sustainable long term profitable growth and brand health. This role will contribute to the change and elevation in brand perceptions by managing the channel marketing activity across our style choice collections. Reporting to the Senior Retail Marketing Manager and working collaboratively with the channel and territory leaders and partners, you will have a deep understanding of Superdry, our style choices, our truth, heritage, market positioning, competitors, customer mind-sets, trade channels and will provide insight and influence and deliver marketing initiatives that will move the business from transactional consumer interactions to higher value longer term emotional connections.
This role is UK based with potentially some UK and European travel. You must be able to commute at your own expense to our Cheltenham Head Office for a minimum of two full days consecutively each week to work alongside the team. The remainder of your working hours can be home based or in the office.
- Implement the retail channel marketing strategy based on the brand and business objectives, across our style choices, collections, concepts, consumers, seasons, channels and territories
- Own the execution of the seasonal strategy in the channel, creating and providing the seasonal toolkits that facilitate replication of brand stories through the tiers of distribution
- Manage on time and to budget execution of all consumer facing campaigns, media, assets and other related items, ensuring delivery of voice, message and stylistic content that are brand enhancing and consistent with the creative direction for our style choices
- Collaborate with channel owners in territory, retail, wholesale, franchise partners to devise and facilitate marketing plan execution, aligning seasonal marketing calendars and garnering support for brand building activity within the channel specific to your style choice
- Input into retail environment communication to ensure adherence to style choice graphic style, tone of voice, visual standards and delivery of concepts/campaigns that elevate the Superdry brand, engage desired consumers and deliver on business objectives
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Centre and Brand Marketing team to deliver against the critical path and timelines in the channel
- Influence European and International partner output supporting and collaborating with the markets, driving campaign and calendar alignment for our style choices, monitoring quality of all activity being the key point of liaison, guidance and marketing for global partners
- Foster regular contacts with distributor, franchise and appropriate key accounts to build partnership and garner buy-in to brand direction through cooperative individual partner plans
- Act as an agile adaptable service to provide ad-hoc collateral and initiatives to address tactical needs that support business challenges
- Maintain marketing budget tracker to record spend and activity against marketing plan
- Start and finish everything with the consumer
- A passionate, energetic, marketing and brand professional with UK or international experience who identifies with these style choices and their cultures
- Experience in channel or brand marketing
- Knowledgeable of wholesale & retail operations across a brand ideally with some experience in delivering brand activation into key accounts
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers for business and brand in the consumer channels associated with the role
- Experience of executing brand messaging across a multichannel business and successfully managing customer relationships in marketing.
- Comfortable with managing fast change against a back drop of legacy habits
- Adaptable, agile and able to switch between planning and tactics
- A confident communicator recognised and respected as a source of knowledge and best practice in your field, earned through previous relevant experience and success.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative matrix environment, confident in championing brand objectives to you colleagues and stakeholders who may have differing KPIs
- Able to balance pragmatically between long term brand health and short term tactical needs
- A natural relationship builder that seeks out the connections to be able to deliver
- Flexible to travel as necessary
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search