Closing date for applications: 31.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
As Casting Manager at Superdry you will be an integral member of the Brand Creative Agency reporting into the Brand Agency Manager. Working with the other internal creative teams you will lead in model and talent casting for the agency. Responsible for the delivery of world class talent; across all creative projects, ensuring the end result stays true to the approved creative vision and aligns to the brand guidelines for our style choices
- Independently lead all casting requirements for Superdry’s Brand Agency creative projects, for digital platforms, B2B / Wholesale, events and 360 campaigns for all channels
- Constantly build relationships in the talent management industry, and be responsible for securing models and creative talent for use in shoots for ecommerce, look-books, events, campaigns, both in the UK and globally
- Lead best practice for model and talent procurement, with clear attention to detail
- Keep up to date with industry trends, street style, social movements, Instagram etc to stay inspired, to bring the freshest ideas/approach to every casting proposal, maintaining constant awareness of competitors, be ahead of the curve
- Work shoulder to shoulder with a collaborative team of specialists including, Brand Managers, Copy and Content, Creatives, Producers, Photographers, Videographers and Retouchers, to name a few
- Independently conduct model presentations to the wider creative team, senior management, execs and the CEO for internal approval
- Prepare and deliver strong casting proposals for all creative agency projects by style choice
- Provide strong, clear and aspirational guidance and support to the team from a casting standpoint
- Own, build, and maintain relationships with model / talent agencies, negotiating the best possible rates for all bookings and work closely with the styling & production and creative teams
- Work to deadlines in a busy environment with multiple projects on a weekly basis
- Support with art buying for shoots; sourcing and recommending where necessary; photographers, directors, animators, illustrators, stylists, hair and makeup artists and anything else required for projects
- Negotiate usage licenses, ensuring cost savings are made and contracts/booking forms are issued prior to shooting
- Work with the Lead Producer, calculating, negotiating, and managing a thorough and accurate budget for all projects
- Mentor assistants on projects where necessary
- Highly experienced in casting models & talent for shoots, preferably for a fashion/sportswear brand
- Someone with proven experience of working with a range of creatives, celebrities, A list athletes, artists, models and influencers
- Someone with a high level of industry experience, who is immersed in model and celebrity culture. Aware of current trends and how these relate to the Superdry customer
- Able to remain calm and professional in highly pressured situations while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude
- A tenacious person with impeccable communication skills. A confident and professional individual with relevant industry experience, with the ability to sell-in new ideas to ensure teams are constantly pushing the boundaries
- Someone who can grasp new information very quickly, is flexible and able to adapt to change and happy to work in an evolving department
- A positive person, with a can-do attitude, willing to leverage past experience to provide the best solution for each project
- Experienced with casting talent for B2B projects, digital content and seasonal campaigns
- Someone with strong existing relationships with model / talent agencies globally plus knowledge of external casting directors, talent agencies, model agencies and agents representing photographers, directors, stylists and hair & make-up artists
- An accomplished negotiator with experience of dealing with agents and external suppliers
- Used to working in a fast-paced creative team, with a high level of output on a weekly basis
- Able to manage a heavy workload under pressure by effectively prioritising, planning ahead and overseeing multiple tasks at any one time
- Available to work in Head Office a minimum of 2 days per week
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search