Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 06.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Brand Protection Assistant to join Superdry’s highly regarded Brand Protection and Legal team at their Cheltenham head office. The role will predominantly focus on managing the risk to our business online in the abuse of our intellectual property – being proactive and reactive to external threats but also being integral to our social media and ecommerce strategy. The legal team at Superdry plays a pivotal role in empowering and supporting every aspect of the business to fulfil its potential. The team works in close, trusted partnership with several key business decision-makers.
We are seeking an energetic, driven, and passionate individual to join the Brand Protection team. Reporting to the Senior Brand Protection Manager, you will play a key role in supporting the global brand protection strategy of our rapidly growing and changing business to ensure that the brand can trade fairly across the globe.
- Assist the Brand Protection team with case management, enquiries and record keeping. Be the first point of internal contact for the team and direct enquiries as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with online monitoring service providers – having knowledge of social media, marketplaces and domains is essential to protect our rights and advise our business stakeholders of threats and risks.
- Proactively monitor online marketplaces, social media, and domains to identify counterfeit products, and copyright infringements.
- Use multiple online platforms to analyse counterfeiting trends and geo-locations.
- Analyse, record, and share Intelligence reports with internal and external stakeholders and enforcement bodies.
- Work closely with our marketing and e-commerce teams to help deliver our 5 years strategy plan – assisting in campaigns and projects to ensure we are set up for success.
- Carry out basic open-source online investigations with the support of the Team and gather evidence to support cases and suitable targets for damages and civil recoveries making test purchases where necessary.
- Liaise with the Sourcing, Wholesale and Customer Services Teams to ensure that customs databases, grey market goods and customer enquiries are dealt with.
- Assist the IP Team in in online issues around infringements of our IP, trademark filings and designs process – knowledge of our product range is essential.
- Knowledgeable in social media trends and online marketplaces and aware of new technology being used.
- A strong and clear communicator who can build rapport with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Able to implement efficiencies and drive process improvements.
- Computer literate, particularly with MS Office.
- Someone with excellent deadline management and organisational skills.
- Able to produce written work to an excellent standard with a high attention to detail.
- Able to grasp how your decisions and the brand protection strategy affects the rest of the business.
- Extremely organised, self-motivated, eager to learn.
- Able to work well within a team as well on your own.
- Organised and have strong administration skills.
- Aware of online marketplaces and e-commerce retailers.
- Experienced of working effectively with external partners.
- Experienced of working in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines.
- Experienced in brand protection and basic understanding of Intellectual Property rights will be advantageous.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search