Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 02.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join our Finance department in Cheltenham. We are striving to be the highest performing finance department in the retail industry while maintaining high levels of financial integrity. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and build a career in a fast-paced retail environment.
The Senior Management Accountant is a key role within the Management Accounts team, this role will focus on helping Finance in its drive for excellence by driving continuous improvement to current processes and systems. This will be by taking a key position in driving Finance Transformation by the implementation of new systems as well as reviewing current processes and policies with a view to make recommendations for improvement.
The role requires an in depth understanding of best practice processes and controls, be a strong communicator and have a logical, solutions-focussed approach.
- Provide support to the Senior Group Accounting Manager and relevant business partners in successfully implementing new Accounting Software.
- Carry out a full review of the Fixed Assets across the Group, this will include the implementation of a new policy which will then need to be applied to the current Fixed Asset register with associated system control implemented.
- Work alongside the Management Accounts team to look at identifying workflow deficiencies and provide feedback for improvement.
- Constantly review and question current processes and improve upon them as necessary to ensure that controls are strong and month end is as efficient as possible.
- Be involved with any finance transformation which will happen through the course of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the business complies with accounting standards and legislative frameworks.
- Contribute to a smooth and clean audit as required, by working with the company’s external and internal auditors, thus minimising risk.
- Support other areas of the finance team with ad hoc requests where necessary.
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA fully qualified.
- Experienced in being able to identify and improve process/controls issues.
- Proactive, driven, resilient and able to work under your own initiative.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to hit the ground running, with a positive and driven attitude to make a real difference.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to change your approach depending on audience.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
- Able to work under pressure to set deadlines.
- An analytical thinker and logical problem solver.
- Experienced with Excel.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search