Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 26.09.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We’re looking for a motivated individual with BI experience who can demonstrate a strong technical background in transferable skills. You will have a keen analytical mind and are used to interpreting large volumes of data. Your strong problem solving ability will have helped you to deliver large data projects on time with tangible results.
As a complex organisation, we rely heavily on accurate, insightful data and reporting coming from multiple systems in different functions to help us make the right business decisions. Our Business Intelligence team, sitting in our ecommerce department but serving the wider business, is responsible for helping people across the business access the data they need in the way that they need it. We use specialist tools to extract data from various systems such as those used for buying, merchandising, production & sourcing, product lifecycle management, wholesale sales, online sales, retail sales and stock management. We then collate and reformat it to make it suitable for reporting and create the reports.
- Help maintain and develop a resilient Data Warehouse underpinning a variety of analytical requirements.
- Adopt the usage of our AWS cloud-based services.
- Develop new integrations using Matillion ETL tool taking advantage of APIs, ODBCs, Data Lakes & Parquets.
- Monitor the performance of existing ETL processes and AWS Redshift, identifying opportunities to optimise them.
- Assist the business in data reconciliation exercises between the data warehouse and source systems.
- Become a subject matter expert for Looker, providing training and support to the business as required.
- Be working with Agile methodologies.
- Experienced in a Business Intelligence role, with significant experience of analysing large volumes of data and building complex reports. Any experience of doing this within an ecommerce or retail senvironment would be advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate SQL skills in any of the SQL variations – MYSQL, SQL Server, Postgres or Oracle
- Experienced in some of the following areas, with an aptitude to learn and develop the other skills:
- Working within a Data Warehouse environment and direct SQL coding, such as AWS (Redshift, Snowflake), Google Big Query, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Azure, Postgres environment.
- Working within Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Performing end to end ETL with tools such as, Matillion, SSIS, Informatica, Frivetran, Azure Data Factory,
- Using Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, AWS Glue, Tableau, Qlik, Business Objects, SSRS/SSAS, Power BI
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels.
- Capable of interpreting stakeholder requirements into useful actions.
- Determined and committed to follow every job through to a successful end.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or able to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search