Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 27.09.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Finance Team as a Cash & Bank Team Leader, driving core transactional and reconciliation activities in a busy and dynamic environment, by ensuring the correct allocation and reconciliation of inbound revenue streams and outbound payables.
Reporting to the Treasury Manager, monitoring and managing cash balances across our many bank accounts is critical to the role, so you will have experience of operational banking and cash management.
Supporting Retail Operations and I.T. to ensure that payment technology and cash collections are functioning in such a way as to affect the timely processing of payments will also be a key responsibility.
- Manage one or more Cash & Bank Analysts, creating a performance driven team focused on detail and accuracy
- Be responsible for one of more business entities, ensuring that the there is a balanced load of work across the team
- Ensure that card and cash transitions from our retail, wholesale, e-comm are reconciled, together with bank charges, fees, other inbound transactions, and all payment outflows
- Update and analyse cash balances, identifying and actioning necessary movements required to facilitate positive account liquidity
- Post daily and corrective journals into the general ledger, ensuring minimal errors and monitoring causes to identify underlying trends
- Investigate unknown statement and GL entries with a view to keeping unreconciled items to a minimum
- Ensure that team priorities and work outputs are completed on time, and in line with KPIs and month end processes
- Highlight risks relating to cash management to the business by analysing bank reconciliations for possible fraud and recommending action
- Build strong relationships across the Finance Team, wider business, and external partners to ensure success and effectiveness of role, as well as being a point of escalation
- Understand the impact of borrowing concepts such as Asset Backed Lending (ABL)
- Use various banking platforms to support cash management processes, and be required to engage with key banking contacts
- Take the lead with queries from internal and external auditors as requested
- Work with the Treasury Manager in support of cash management needs
- Continuously review and refine the current and existing procedures for cash management, and recommend changes for improvement and reducing risk
- Support finance systems with the both the implementation and improvement of key interface files driving increased efficiency and reliability of data
- Strong on analytical thinking, accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline and goal driven environment
- An excellent and articulate communicator, able to work closely will other areas of Finance and key business areas
- Someone who can manage and respect different speeds and abilities of learning in a calm and nurturing manner
- Able to flex and adapt between entities and countries as decided by the Treasury Manager
- Experienced in a similar role, working for a global organisation with multi-currency transactions
- Proficient with advanced Excel skills
- Able to prioritise and work well under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines
- Comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders and responding to any requests
- Experienced using CODA (desirable but not essential)
- AAT qualified or working towards your AAT qualification
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search