Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 25.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking for a Credit Controller to work in our Cheltenham Head Office with an element of home working. Reporting directly to the Credit Manager or a Senior Credit Controller, you will be responsible for the proactive management of debt and credit activities for several customers across one or more worldwide territories (no foreign language skills are required for this role).
The ideal candidate will have proven Credit Control experience, be an excellent communicator, highly organised with strong negotiation skills and IT literate in Excel with an excellent eye for detail. You will need to be able to work under pressure and have a strong sense of team.
- Chase debt by telephone and email with the aim of reducing debtor days
- Ensure that payments are allocated correctly, and accounts fully reconciled
- Investigate and resolve queries relating to non-payment of invoices and unallocated cash
- Liaise with other areas of the business, particularly Wholesale to resolve outstanding queries
- Consider and articulate the impacts of risk relating to credit limits and insurance cover breaches
- Be pro-active with reviewing and managing customer credit limits in line with shipping requirements
- Build strong and credible working relationships with your customers, peers, and senior stakeholders
- Work to agreed collections targets in line with the overall team deliverable
- Assist with other ad-hoc Credit Control tasks as required
- Experienced in Credit Control and Credit Risk
- An excellent negotiator and have great communication skills
- Customer focused with experience of dealing with challenging issues
- Not afraid to have difficult conversations to best effect the collection of debt and reduce credit risk
- Dedicated with a strong work ethic
- Highly results focused with a track record of working to and achieving targets
- Able to use your initiative and have a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to work alone, and as part of the Credit Control and Wholesale Teams
- Comfortable working in excel
- Able to demonstrate a pro-active approach and focus on continuous improvement
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search