Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 19.08.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant, evolving business as an Accounts Payable Manager, leading a team of 12.
The role will involve leading all aspects of our end to end Global Accounts Payable process and is an integral part of the Finance Operations Team.
Based in Cheltenham, but with hybrid working arrangement between office and home, you will be results orientated with a good knowledge and understanding of the AP / P2P environment.
You will be a champion for change through the next chapter of system automation and process improvement, supporting with the transition to a fully Purchase to Pay (P2P) model, and striving to create a culture of excellence within the team.
- Manage the end-to-end integrity and accuracy of the Accounts Payable function across Overheads, Rents, Stock and Logistics, ensuring suppliers are paid within terms and creditor days outstanding (CDO) across all entities are kept to a minimum.
- Drive a culture of strong performance within the team, ensuring credibility from within the business and from our external suppliers.
- Routinely review and manage the key metrics for the Payables processes across multiple entities, countries, and supplier types; ensuring backlogs, system issues and emails are cleared in a timely manner.
- Ensure all supplier master data is correctly maintained, supplier statement reconciliations are performed, and workflow approvals are monitored.
- Act as a point of escalation and subject matter expert to resolve payment related queries, supporting suppliers, our global store network, local territory offices and Head Office staff.
- Be responsible for ensuring adherence to financial controls, with the ability to identify risks and gaps across all processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contribute to the review of policies, processes, and procedures, supporting internal / external audit requirements, and safeguarding the business against fraud.
- Manage training and development, building a high performing team and associated functional KPIs.
- Look to investigate and remove system and /or process blockers that prevent effective working.
- Promote and champion a culture of change management and be heavily involved in the implementation of new solutions.
- Compile, analyse and report financial information to management in line with reporting deadlines, inc. regulatory requirements for Payment Practices Reporting.
- An experienced people manager with the ability to successfully lead and develop your team.
- Able to interpret data well to support problem solving and process streamlining.
- Someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills, who can interact and articulate well with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Methodical, with strong organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously, multi-task and prioritise your own workload and that of the wider team.
- Someone who can flex your approach to the challenges that this role brings, showing a strong level of drive and resilience.
- Easily able to demonstrate current or previous areas of system / process transformation associated to this area of Finance.
- Strongly focused with a right first-time approach to your work and that of others.
- Able to work to tight deadlines to meet targets and deliver the needs of our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Competent with excel and reporting concepts.
- Familiar with CODA (desirable but not essential).
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search