Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 30.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
You will be part of our IT team supporting, analysing and implementing changes to our retail and franchise systems in order to ensure we deliver continuous improvement and that the business is enabled to achieve its objectives and strategy.
In order for our stores to operate effectively, it’s vital that they are properly equipped with the right technology, and this is where our Retail Business systems team come in. We ensure that our stores have high quality systems from EPOS to RFID. We work closely with our retail and franchise colleagues to understand the technology they need, then deliver world class scalable systems.
A background in technology is important, as is an understanding of retail, how stores operate and what they need. An ideal candidate would have an IT background, degree or similar qualification, coupled with experience of working in retail environment. We’re looking for analytical skills, a creative mind and a real people person.
- Ensure that our Retail IT systems are continuously improving by analysing and implementing business change requests
- Manage IT system changes, document and played back to our stakeholders to ensure that all parties expectations are in line
- Subject systems changes to an agreed level of quality assurance to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Manage implementations in a way that reduces or removes risk as much as possible
- work closely with key suppliers and 3rd party deliverables, ensuring they remain on time and to specification
- Maintain high standards of communication and reporting, where expectations are clearly set-out, with progress and issues reported appropriately
- Ensure that processes for managing and implementing change are continuously reviewed and improved upon to ensure that they remain efficient, effective and appropriate
- Experienced in the retail industry, with experience in a store or a head office department that works closely with stores and third party suppliers of store equipment.
- Ideally having an understanding of in-store IT systems, their processes and the challenges they face
- Technically strong with a sound background in IT from education, experience or both, who has the capability to quickly understand and explain technical information and systems
- Ideally knowledgeable around database technologies, reporting or networking software applications.
- Able to translate real world problems into creative technical solutions that deliver real results to store colleagues
- Creative, with an innovative mindset and the ability to develop compelling solutions to challenging problems, but also with the ability to work effectively within established processes
- Attentive to detail, with the ability to juggle large volumes of diverse work
- A quick learner with the ability to pick up new things quickly, and a real thirst for knowledge
- Experienced in the management of pre-approved project budgets
- Inquisitive, with the ability to ask insightful questions and establish requirements from stakeholders and partners
- Able to form strong working relationships and get on with a diverse range of colleagues and suppliers
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search