Closing date for applications: 21.08.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
At Superdry our in-house photo studios are run by a team of creative professionals; collaborating to deliver inspiring imagery and film for our ecommerce and digital platforms. Teams range from Styling to, Production, Photography, Film and Retouching, it is a high energy and exciting area of the business requiring constant communication with key stakeholders across the business.
The Creative & Styling Manager will report into the Brand Agency Manager, working as part of the Brand Creative Agency Team. The focus of the role is to creatively develop and deliver elevated content produced by our image studio. Inspiring and engaging the contemporary style obsessed consumer, aligned to our Superdry brand principles and seasonal creative directions for each style choice. You will provide strong guidance, from a creative and styling perspective with a key focus on content for ecommerce, digital and wholesale.
- Focus on creating engaging content for Superdry’s ecommerce, digital and wholesale channels
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of stylists and hair & make-up artists who are responsible for delivering work for digital platforms, trade, ecommerce, B2B / wholesale, events, channel marketing and other areas of the business
- Create and deliver a strong visual aesthetic for ecommerce across all areas of art direction for photo & film, styling, retouching, casting, and hair & make-up
- Have complete understanding of Superdry’s brand reset and strategy, and how this reflects in your area of ecommerce, digital and wholesale
- Understand our brand and collections, their customer profiles and the individual elements which combine to create them and their execution
- Work across each of our brands, tailoring visual aesthetic to ensure it is relevant to the end consumer, aligning to Superdry’s brand identity and the seasonal guidelines created by the creative teams
- Continually drive the aesthetic of Superdry content to the next level, striving to be the best in the industry
- Work closely with the Casting Manager to create a strong seasonal pool of models for ecommerce shoots. Sign off weekly models, set-builds, props, and anything else required for ecommerce shoots, providing updates to the Creative Director
- Manage, and deliver to the team, the brand customer profiles and ensure that this is present through styling and Hair & Make up
- Lead best practice across styling team & hair / make-up team, with a clear attention to detail
- Have a firm understanding of customer engagement and feedback to improve customer experience
- Work with Leads in Photography, Videography, Styling and our Casting manager, to evolve the aesthetics creatively
- Art direct and brief teams on model and still life photo and film shoots, providing visual references, mood-boards, creative decks, and guidance on set
- Take ownership over quality control, working with Photo/Film teams on image selection/edits and working with Photo/Styling/Retouch teams to ensure images are delivered to a high quality
- Create seasonal art direction/style guidelines, conducting presentations and gaining creative sign-off with relevant stakeholders at exec level
- Be responsible for resource planning and managing workloads for the styling & hair / make-up teams, working in conjunction with the image studio Traffic Co-Ordinator and Producer
- Plan and review, together with the Lead Producer, Brand Agency Manager and Brand Creative Manager, seasonal creative concepts and maintain a database of resources that are aligned to our style-choices and beneficial to your area
- Highly experienced of working in a photo studio environment, preferably for a fashion/sportswear brand.
- Someone with a extensive experience in styling/art direction and have a solid understanding of the processes and technical workings of a studio (including production, photography, film, retouch, hair & make-up)
- Experienced in managing, supporting and motivating photo, film, casting, styling, hair & make-up teams within a photo studio environment. Excellent fashion and photographic understanding
- Someone with a high level of industry fashion experience, who is immersed in the culture. Aware of current digital brand trends and how these relate to the Superdry customer
- Used to working in a fast-paced studio with a high level of output on a weekly basis
- Experienced in working with brand guidelines and creating style/art direction guidelines for teams.
- Someone with strong existing relationships with relevant suppliers and freelancers in glamour; styling, hair & make-up, casting
- A focused, driven, hardworking individual that has the maturity and empathy to brief, manage and the studio teams with different disciplines and people across varying levels of role.
- Able to remain calm and professional in highly pressured situations while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude.
- A confident and professional individual with relevant industry experience with the ability to sell-in new ideas and processes to ensure teams meeting and exceeding best expressions of style
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search