Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 15.08.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We’re currently recruiting for a Fabric Technologist to join our Fabric & Compliance Team on a 12-month FTC to cover Maternity Leave. This role is essential to the delivery of our ambitious Fabric Programme, setting high standards, supporting innovation, and achieving best quality and consistency across our Supply Base.
- Manage Suppliers to deliver best quality fabrics and provide fabric submissions comments in line with the departmental SLA , ensuring they are set up for successful bulk production and on-time delivery
- Encourage a right-first-time approach, challenging Suppliers to improve performance, communication and ways of working where necessary
- Actively take ownership of fabric quality and delivery, from photo sample though to shipment
- Engage in product risk assessment meetings, highlighting areas of concern and helping to advise on solutions and improvements, enabling a timely resolution
- Manage test results and product disposition on fabric testing platforms
- Actively manage failures, coordinating with all stakeholders on rejected base fabrics and ensure fabrics are improved and re-submitted without delay
- Ensure Suppliers consistently adhere to testing requirements, providing weekly updates to highlight late and incorrect submissions
- Input all comments and fabric specifications onto our Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM) and ensure all fabric and colour libraries are well managed and up to date. You will also ensure standards are signed off and available to all stakeholders
- Support Sourcing initiatives, working with Suppliers where fabric developments are required and ensuring Superdry’s high fabric quality standards are met and maintained
- Create relevant technical information, reports and manuals, developing the data in close collaboration with stakeholders to deliver quality and consistency
- Support your line manager with training for our Regional Office Tech Teams and Suppliers
- Oversee the seasonal coding of fabric submissions
- Issue updates to Superdry performance protocols
- Work with the Compliance Team to reduce and eliminate the risk of hazardous substances in the manufacturing process in line with the ZDHC strategy
- A textile expert with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- University educated in a technical textile discipline
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of fabric production and components, across wovens and knits, a wide variety of product categories, print techniques, wash and finishing processes
- Familiar with PLM systems, ideally with practical experience of using them to manage data
- Experienced in the testing of fabrics and components, able to interpret the results and recognise the impact on product
- Able to work at pace, embracing change in a busy environment and coping effectively with the need to manage multiple demands
- Well organised and accustomed to delivering detailed and accurate information in a timely way
- Able to collaborate well with a team of talented Developers and Technologists, working across categories, mentoring and coaching to deliver fabric knowledge
- A flexible team player, with positive attitude and an agile approach within the Quality and Technical department
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search