Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 03.07.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, and supporting the Retail Heads, you will provide high quality reporting, analysis and insight to influence and support decision making within the Superdry Retail function. Working closely with the Retail Heads to develop territory focused business plans. To help model, implement and measure the sales and costs forecasts and provide support on performance and profitability. This is a 5 month fixed term contract.
- Support decision making by providing high quality, accurate insight with clear recommendations and present this back to the relevant stakeholders as required.
- Challenge the status quo / preconceptions.
- Identify areas of risk and possible routes of mitigation.
- Support the forecasting of retail sales and cost.
- Work closely with finance team to ensure that the account entries are accurate and a fair reflection of performance with a good understanding of key variances.
- Understand the key drivers of sales and cost variances for my areas of responsibility and can provide insightful analysis on how manage the risks and opportunities
- Set up dashboards and reports which provide regular performance insight for key metrics. These are easily accessible and understood by all stakeholders.
- Build strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders across the business.
- Listen to stakeholders to understand their requirements and questions.
- Identify which data sources are required and gather these from the relevant business owners.
- Articulate and document the methodology used to analyse the data including any assumptions.
- Challenge the integrity of the data to ensure it can be trusted.
- Utilise all relevant resources and key people at Head Office and in retail.
- Agree timescales and priorities for all work requests.
- Someone with a strong analytical ability with an eye for detail
- Adaptable and flexible and able to work with ambiguity
- A structured and logical thinker with commercial awareness and problem solving skills
- An effective communicator with the ability to change approach depending on the audience
- Experienced building business cases and producing insight in a retail / FMCG environment
- A Qualified Accountant
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search