Location: Unit 60 The Runnings, Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 02.07.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Head of Retail Support is pivotal in ensuring that we provide best in class operational support across our global owned and franchise store estate through strategic leadership and operational effectiveness to maximize profitability of sales. To fulfil this vitally important role in the business we are looking for an experienced Retail leader who has a passion for working for a brand, along with a strong track record in the fashion retailing sector and the ability to excel both strategically and operationally.
- Understand Superdry’s long term plan and use a multi-channel lens to implement strategic initiatives and projects to drive sales, optimize stores, grow the Brand and deliver improved efficiency.
- Play a leading role in shaping and influencing the functional team plans and priorities to ensure the right decisions are made for your department.
- Be a passionate Superdry brand ambassador, style is at the forefront of your mind and you will champion the four style choices, always looking for opportunities to deliver the best brand expression and customer experience within stores.
- Lead the Visual Merchandising teams to ensure stores deliver an on-Brand experience that showcases Superdry’s product and style choices to its best potential globally.
- Lead the Retail Communications team to ensure that we’re delivering timely, relevant and impactful communications to stores not only to inform but engage and inspire our global teams.
- Identify opportunities with the Operations team to simplify activity within stores and enable a focus on our service model; be authentic, look super, know your stuff.
- Develop a Franchise proposition model ensuring that we are providing a support service to our Partners which enables their businesses to grow.
- Work collaboratively and influence key departments to ensure that Retail is getting the right focus and support to drive sales.
- With a sharp commercial eye, always be looking for opportunities to drive further efficiency within stores and continuously improve the operating model.
- Proactively understand the compliance and local policy and practice within the countries we operate, ensuring collaboration with legal, H&S and finance teams.
- Understand Superdry’s future plans, have a clear vision of what you want to build for Retail Support, which you are passionate about sharing with your stakeholders and team so they are clear on the part they play and how they can deliver success.
- Be a strong voice for Retail, and a key player in the senior retail team, integral to the delivery of the retail plan and overall Brand strategy.
- Appreciate the nuances of trading in multiple countries; you will be able to navigate complexity and constantly have a global view on operational activity.
- Lead inclusively and always put the wellbeing and growth of your team first by always have a focus on talent to ensure you have a high performing team who are clear on their priorities, developed and supported to achieve their goals.
- Currently in a senior Retail leadership role with strong track record of achievement, within the fashion or lifestyle retail sectors.
- Knowledgeable of the fashion or lifestyle retail marketplace, together with an understanding of local business customs, ways of working, relevant legislation, and the retail real estate landscape in as many of the countries where the Brand operates as possible, will be distinctly advantageous.
- Someone with previous experience of operating within a Franchise model.
- Able to work closely with the Global Retail Director to develop and drive the strategic approach to the growth of stores in the medium to long term.
- Financially astute with strong commercial acumen to drive financial results.
- An exceptional leader with the ability to motivate, develop and drive a diverse team.
- Able to set clear, measurable, and relevant goals and priorities for your teams, and to monitor performance against these goals, delivering consistent high-quality coaching to ensure successful outcomes.
- Highly organised with the ability to keep on top of high volumes of information and the ability to prioritise effectively and spend time wisely.
- An understanding of different cultures with the ability to work effectively across them in a sensitive and engaging manner.
- Willing to travel when required.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary.
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock.
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance.
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential.
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle to Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice, and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We are incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fueling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search