Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 25.06.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Chemical Compliance Coordinator to join our Fabric & Compliance Team, working within the Quality & Technical Department. You will work on the management and implementation of Superdry’s Roadmap to ZDHC Compliance, collaborating cross-functionally and with external stakeholders to fulfil our ambition to be the most sustainable brand on the planet. The role requires in-depth technical knowledge, previous experience of compliance processes, excellent attention to detail, and great communication and presentation skills.
- Support the implementation of Superdry’s Roadmap to ZDHC Compliance under the leadership of your line manager and Head of Department
- Help define and embed a best-practice end-to-end process in line with our business strategy on chemical management
- Manage Supplier mapping against ZDHC chemical management requirements
- Collaborate closely with 3rd party organisations: AFIRM, testing partners, ZDHC, attending meetings and providing updates as required
- Become an acknowledged Superuser on the ZDHC Gateway and BVE3 platforms
- Issue RSL and MRSL updates
- Manage BVE3 dashboard
- Identify Supplier knowledge gaps and training requirements
- Create and deliver training plans based on agreed Roadmap landmarks to internal and external stakeholders
- Support Suppliers on chemical inventory management
- Manage our requirements for suppliers to provide monthly chemical inventory reports
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, eliminate or substitute hazardous substances in the Superdry Supply Chain
- Review Supplier In-Check reports
- Monitor Supplier compliance targets
- Manage Superdry’s Chemical Compliance testing programme with Suppliers and 3rd party test labs
- Escalate any chemical compliance failures against REACH or the Superdry RSL to your line manager and Head of Department
- Stay up to date with global chemical compliance regulations and legislation, communicating any proposed changes in a timely manner, with impact analysis and a timeline for implementation
- Provide seasonal progress reports to Superdry stakeholders: Design, Q&T, Sourcing, Regional Offices and Suppliers
- Be a persuasive communicator, able to gain buy-in at all levels
- Be skilled in gathering, organising and presenting data clearly, concisely and effectively
- Communicate effectively with all departments with regard to chemical compliance updates, learnings and solutions
- A graduate with relevant chemistry degree
- An established Compliance Coordinator, with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role
- Experienced in chemical compliance management and solutions for apparel and textiles
- Able to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data, with excellent attention to detail
- Skilled at managing your own activities in a structured, independent and timely way, keeping your line manager and wider team informed
- Continuously seeking to gain knowledge and expertise on the latest innovations, developments and technology
- Adept at building effective relationships, communicating & engaging with colleagues and Suppliers at all levels
- Able to coach and up-skill the wider teams as required
- Confident, commercial and well-founded in your approach to making decisions quickly and effectively
- Responsible for your own performance, readily seeking out stretching opportunities to support your own development
- Able to embrace change in a busy environment
- Available to travel if required, to support business needs, even if this is at short notice.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search