Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 20.06.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are looking to recruit a delivery focussed Sustainability Manager to oversee our product and wider supply chain projects and enable us to achieve our ambition to be ‘The most sustainable listed global fashion brand on the planet by 2030.'
This exciting role will involve working closely with peers in the Sourcing, Quality, Production and Creative teams to turn sustainable ideas into reality.
Sustainability for Superdry is about delivering impact – testing it and scaling it – working across the Group to ensure priorities are aligned. The role reports to the Head of Sustainability – and lead in delivering projects and ultimately our goals relevant to product and supply chain:
- All pure cotton items will be organic by 2025, with 20,000 farmers supported to convert to organic production.
- We plan to use recycled and low impact materials at scale, across our range, and convert all remaining cotton in our collections to organic by 2030.
- We will continue to challenge our partners to minimize their environmental footprint.
- Drive product/category level organic, recycled, low impact material role out in line with seasonal and annual targets – identify strategic opportunities, and work with teams to plan future seasons and address challenges faced at a material or process level.
- Measure, monitor and regularly report on the environmental footprint of our product in line with industry best practice. Work to drive through improvements to the environmental footprint of our products.
- Scale and lead Superdry’s organic farmer training projects – working with our local sourcing offices, implementing partners, and the Organic Cotton Accelerator (OCA) to track their progress, tell farmers stories and measure impact.
- Deliver sustainability projects through our supply chains – working collaboratively with sourcing, quality, creative teams to quantify value for sustainability impacts.
- Champion sustainability initiatives through our supplier community, sharing best practice and creating a pipeline of suppliers with demonstrable sustainable innovations.
- Manage group wide certification processes for raw materials– specifically to drive efficiencies, while improving traceability of sustainable materials.
- Lead on sustainability communications, work closely with marketing/comms teams to develop and deliver concepts. Work with our Wholesale team to enable effective B2B communications on strategic roll out, product attributes and claims - while developing partnerships to lead change.
- Consolidate and report impacts in line with group wide ESG framework, feed into industry benchmarks including the Textile Exchange Preferred Fibres Index.
- Collaborate to help develop industry leading initiatives - represent Superdry in industry forums including the British Retail Consortium and the Organic Cotton Accelerator.
- A good undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- An understanding of legal reporting/disclosure requirements, ESG reporting frameworks.
- Curious, and a keen learner with a genuine interest in sustainability/sustainable fashion.
- Experience in certified sustainable materials and/or supply chain - experience with textile, fashion or retail industries would be beneficial but is not essential.
- A strong communicator, able to persuade colleagues, suppliers, and wider stakeholders to take an active role, make changes to business as usual.
- Experienced in managing operating budgets to deliver against strategic objectives.
- Honest, passionate and committed, always operating with complete integrity.
- Able to prioritize your workload and to take a logical and measured approach to complex issues.
- Somebody that enjoys working as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills using a wide variety of media. IT literate.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search