Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 30.06.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are now seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to support the Group Tax Manager in managing the global tax affairs of the group. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a direct tax background to gain further experience and develop themselves in a vibrant FTSE 250 business. The role would be suitable for someone making their first move in-house or joining from within a large, listed business to progress their career.
- Support the Group Tax Manager in the day to day running of the tax department including taking the lead on ad-hoc projects.
- Proactively manage Group tax policies and transfer pricing to ensure a joined up and future-proofed approach.
- Implement appropriate tax governance controls with the support of the Group Tax Manager.
- Assist the Group Tax Manager with HMRC risk reviews and other international tax audits.
- Assist the Group Tax Manager with reviewing current Group transfer pricing policies, ensuring the policies are adhered to while working on the implementation of adjusted policies.
- Manage the Group direct tax compliance obligations for multiple jurisdictions. This will primarily involve acting as a contact point for external advisors, agreeing submission timetables which work both internally and with our external advisors together with providing all necessary data required to complete the direct tax filings.
- Assist the Group Tax Manager with the preparation of Group IFRS tax provisions and FRS 102 tax provisions for the UK statutory accounts.
- Work to ensure that tax advice and updates are communicated and implemented throughout the business, liaising with the most suitable teams and building an internal network.
- A qualified accountant and / or tax accountant (ACA, ACCA, CTA) with post qualification experience in industry or practice (Big Four or leading Mid-Tier environment).
- A technically strong tax professional with in depth experience of Corporation Tax and tax accounting together with a broad general awareness of all other taxes. Whilst some level of VAT experience would be advantageous, it is not essential for the role.
- A highly organized, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently within the business.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search