Job Title: Events Coordinator
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 28.05.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The overall purpose of the role is to support the Global Events Manager deliver our extensive program of events, supporting all aspects of planning for internal and external events. Working closely with key stakeholders, such as Wholesale, Retail, Sourcing, the Creative Centre and Marketing. The role will be an integral part of the team, ensuring that all events are seamlessly executed, delivered professionally, on brand and well communicated.
- Schedule kick off meetings with Project Leads to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables and document this in the Global Events briefing template
- Work with Global Events Manager to map out project critical paths, ensuring key milestones are circulated to stakeholders
- Identify risks to the project and work with stakeholders to identify owners and mitigation plans including escalation where required. Building strong relationships to gain a greater understanding of their function and requirements
- Facilitate and support project issues through to resolution with project stakeholders.
- Track and report project deliverables to the Global Events Manager and key stakeholders using standard templates
- Support the development and delivery of project plans, both internal and B2B events, e.g. GSM & Trade Shows
- Oversee on-site installation at events, to ensure expectations are met and health and safety regulations are being adhered to
- Attend events as required, this may include weekends, evening and overseas travel
- Coordinate the production agency and shopfitters to ensure that they are clear on the brief and negotiate rates
- Coordinate all external supplier bookings. e.g. Talent booking, Catering, Security, Print etc
- Generate a Communications plan for each event, populating content and briefing the Brand Design team. Taking responsibility for internal and external comms, across all platforms
- Sample coordination and logistics, e.g. Advance Sample preparation for digital and physical events
- Track project costs and ensure that the finance tracker captures all project costs
- Facilitate project status meetings, taking notes and circulating actions post meeting
- Lead on coordination of employee engagement events. e.g. Christmas party
- Complete Venue and Trade Show research, populating a comprehensive report of findings
- Complete post-project evaluation to capture key success and learning points for future projects, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure full 360 evaluation. including the delivery and analysis of the event customer feedback survey
- Manage the day-to-day administration to ensure efficient operation of the team
- Conduct all tasks with speed, precision, accuracy and real attention to detail
- Maintain and utilise the critical path, schedule Project kick off meetings, track sign off dates and deadlines
- Support Global Events Manager with diary management and maintaining Team holiday and absentee records
- Submit and reconcile expense reports for the Global Events Manager
- Coordinate Team travel & booking arrangements, incl. group hotel bookings & travel for event delegates
- Ensure all invoices and expenses are processed & payment is tracked and reconciled promptly
- Communicate effectively via phone and email, ensuring that all administrative duties are completed accurately; delivered with high quality and in a timely manner
- Experienced in a an Event Management or Project Management role
- An excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, articulate, and professional manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced team and manage high volumes of variable tasks
- Effective at juggling multiple requirements at any onetime with excellent organizational skills
- Exceptionally attentive to detail with a perfectionist approach
- Proficient in Word, Power Point and especially Excel and Outlook
- A quick learner, able to become familiar with new tasks, processes, and systems quickly
- Adaptable, flexible, and willing to get involved in anything and everything in Events
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Able to travel, this role will include some international travel, which will include occasional evenings and weekends
- Capable to manage up and work with stakeholders of all levels
- Able to show initiative and someone who is ambitious and wants to develop
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply