Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 23.05.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our Accounts Payable team. You will be an integral part of this very busy team who look after the end-to-end payables process for several legal entities, countries, and payment types including Stock, Logistics, Rent and Overheads.
- Process, correctly code and pay invoices, ensuring that suppliers in your given entities are paid on time and in line with payment terms.
- Process credit notes, and chase workflow and PO approvals as necessary
- Monitor supplier accounts to ensure the aged creditor position maintained.
- Deal with payment and account queries from suppliers and the business
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations
- Provide the finance team with information about suppliers and payments as required.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Form a partnership approach with your key suppliers.
- Take responsibility for the correct set up / change of your suppliers.
- Assist with various Accounts Payable related duties including closing month end.
- Complete your own administrative duties within the team.
- Support other members of the team with workloads as required.
- Assist with any project related activities that contribute to process and /or system change.
- Work in accordance defined process and in line with the Internal Control Framework that governs this process.
- From an accounts / finance office background already
- Comfortable using Microsoft office, specifically Excel.
- Interested in working in a Finance environment.
- Resilient to a high-volume workload, and able to flex between priorities.
- An excellent communicator both verbal and written, and able to manage the expectations of suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Highly organised with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Prepared to work under own initiative.
- Happy to work towards, or have completed your AAT qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledgeable with CODA or other accounts systems (desirable but not essential)
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary.
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock.
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance.
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential.
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle to Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire.
At Superdry, everyone has a voice, and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply