Job Title: Financial Accounting Assistant
Type: Fixed Term Employed Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 06.05.2021
Hours: Fixed Term Employed Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accounting Assistant to join our Finance department in Cheltenham. This is an excellent opportunity in a fast-paced retail environment.
This role will support the Financial Reporting team at a key time in our reporting calendar. You will be involved in the preparation of the Group year-end accounts, as well as local subsidiary accounts across several territories. You will work closely with a wide variety of contacts across Finance and externally.
This is a fixed term position until the end of November 2021.
- Assist with the preparation of local subsidiary accounts, including assisting with audits remotely and liaising with external accountants.
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated IFRS Group accounts and notes that form the back half of the published Annual Report.
- Work closely with the tax team on the collation of information required for tax returns.
- Assist in the calculation of intercompany recharges.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packs for overseas entities.
- Validate information reported in trade announcements to the City.
- Provide support to the wider Finance team as required.
- Manage ad hoc international requirements, liaising with other departments within Superdry as needed
- Working towards an accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA).
- An analytical thinker and logical problem solver.
- Someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to “get stuck in”.
- Organised, with a strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, driven, resilient and able to work under your own initiative.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline and goal driven environment.
- Experienced with Excel.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary.
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock.
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance.
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential.
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle to Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire.
At Superdry, everyone has a voice, and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply