Job Title: Assistant Merchandiser - Fixed Term Contract
Type: Fixed Term Employed Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 18.04.2021
Hours: Fixed Term Employed Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Merchandising sits right at the heart of everything that Superdry do. The team play a critical part in the process of the product journey from an initial idea to the shop floor. We are currently looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join our team and be a part of this incredible growth. You will be involved in all stages of the product life-cycle and become an expert in sales performance, trading your department and exceeding sales and profit targets within the team.
As an Assistant Merchandiser who has worked their way up from a Merchandising Admin Assistant role, you will be commercially aware of the fashion retail market, our competitors and be able to present your ideas confidently to all levels within the business. Uniquely, we work closely with our co-founder Julian Dunkerton who has great involvement in our design and merchandising strategy, so you will get fantastic exposure to see the passion and creativation of our founder first-hand.
- Support your Merchandiser with seasonal planning for the department, assisting with strategy formulation by preparing and analyzing historical / current trade analysis and lessons learnt information.
- Assist your Merchandiser in creating a Global Range Option Framework, creating the optimum number of options to fulfil Retail and Wholesale sales potential
- Monitor and maintain control over option count, from buy process through to trading
- Play a key role in Range Build and Buys, to create the optimum range for the target market that delivers on sales plans
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including Brand Business Management, Production and Design teams
- Accurately undertake volume and margin forecasts, placing orders that fulfil stock allocation requirements and ensuring options meet space targets
- Update and maintain the WSSI to forecast sales in order to highlight sales opportunity and flag risks
- Define allocation strategies, rephase / rebuy / cancel stocks, and move stock within the business to the optimum location, aligning branch stocks to linear space targets
- Demonstrate commercial thinking by taking effective actions to maximize store performance
- Understand, analyse and maximize sales opportunities within our global, digital and multi channeled business. Planning and trading the range in ways that are appropriate and profitable to the target markets, concurrently accounting for Ecom and Wholesale needs and opportunities
- Assist your Merchandiser in formulating an appropriate markdown and exit strategy for the product
- Fully comprehend factors that affect margin, profit and markdown and will constantly find ways to drive these forward
- Provide day to day support to the Merchandiser and deputizing as required. Including managing and developing the Merchandising Administration Assistants in the department as well as managing your own development and suggest training for self-improvement
- Someone who is currently working as an Assistant Merchandiser, ideally with experience working for a large fashion retailer
- A confident communicator, engaging when presenting and able to influence at all levels
- A strong user of Microsoft Excel and adept at working with high volumes of data, coupled with excellent numeracy skills
- Highly organised with a real attention to detail
- Aware of the importance of critical path management
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Adaptable to change and take a flexible approach to ways of working
- Commercially astute with an understanding of customer profile, product range and competitors
- Experienced at leading, developing and managing others
- Someone who can demonstrate experience of managing and developing either a direct report or peer
- Degree level educated or equivalent experience
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or prepared to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply