On September 24th Superdry will be going live with a new recruitment system.
This is the part of this website where you complete application forms and log into to view progress on your applications. From that date you will no longer be able to access details on applications made before that date. If you have an application in progress on that date, it will still be valid and will still be managed behind the scenes by our team. You will not need to reapply. Thank you.
Job Title: Senior Merchandiser
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-09-12
Close date: 2019-09-26
Closing date for applications: 26-09-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Senior Merchandiser – Cheltenham
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
This is a brilliant time to join Superdry and play a key role, supporting the Head of Merchandising in driving the company strategy forward as a senior member of the Merchandising team. Uniquely in our market, our Merchandising teams are really involved with product and you will be working closely with the buying and design teams to make ranging recommendations.
As a Senior Merchandiser, you will successfully lead a team in planning global ranges across Retail and Wholesale, tailoring to different territories. You will make a real difference by optimising the department’s profitable sales and minimising stock holdings through strong analytics, product planning and stock control. You will be responsible for growing your category area by ensuring that your analysis and decisions are reflective of the territories and channels we operate in. Working across multiple channels and seasons at any one time, it is vital that you thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
As well as having strong technical abilities and experience, you will have a proven ability to lead people and develop a strong team. Superdry really values how you do things and your behaviours will be equally important.
- Fully understand the brand objectives, strategy and KPI’s and set the department strategy and option framework to ensure a balanced and commercial range across all channels and territories
- Translate the department strategy into meaningful and clear goals for your team.
- Plan and manage department WSSIs, stock and sales plans, ensuring stock is managed to targets
- Accurately forecast trends to support decision making and profitable sales
- Proactively monitor sales and stock in order to optimise sales and margin performance - ensuring team react to sales trends.
- Support Head of Merchandising with additional projects to drive the business forward. Work closely with the Brand Business Management Team and Design team to update on trends and product opportunities
- Present department strategy and ranges as well as trade updates to Executive team and Board
- Manage clearance stock through off price channels
- Develop a highly proficient team of Junior, Assistant and Merchandising Administration Assistants
- A highly experienced Senior Merchandiser who is deeply passionate about the Superdry brand, preferably from a Fashion background, with aspirations to develop yourself further
- A strong leader with robust evidence of coaching and developing teams
- An innovator, constantly pushing boundaries and coming up with new ways of doing things
- Articulate and credible, with excellent communication skills and confident at presenting to members of Executive team.
- An excellent relationship builder, with exceptional behaviours and a track record of influencing at head of department level and above
- Highly numerate and analytical, competent working with large volumes of data, using this to make informed decisions
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Commercially astute with an understanding of customer profile, product range and competitors
- An advanced user of MS Office suite, in particular Excel
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham or prepared to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply