On September 24th Superdry will be going live with a new recruitment system.
This is the part of this website where you complete application forms and log into to view progress on your applications. From that date you will no longer be able to access details on applications made before that date. If you have an application in progress on that date, it will still be valid and will still be managed behind the scenes by our team. You will not need to reapply. Thank you.
Job Title: Assistant Tax Accountant
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-09-12
Close date: 2019-10-11
Closing date for applications: 11-10-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our continued growth and expansion creates additional challenges for our Finance team, as the more territories we operate in, the more complex our financial arrangements become. To support the ongoing growth of the business we are seeking an Assistant Tax Accountant to support the Group Tax Manager in managing the tax affairs of the group. The role will suit an analytical individual with advanced Excel skills, who wants to develop their career in our truly global finance team. Prior tax experience, whilst advantageous, is not essential – we will look at people with some experience in any area of finance who is keen to move into tax. Lots of experience is not necessary as we are keen to train and develop someone.
- Support the Group Tax Manager in the day to day running of the tax department.
- Prepare the group’s worldwide indirect tax returns (VAT) and work with external advisors to ensure all returns are submitted on a timely basis.
- Provide and analyse data with external consultants to assist in the completion of the UK group corporation tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation of Group IFRS tax provisions for group audit and tax forecasting.
- Assist the Group Tax Manager in implementing tax procedures and controls throughout the business, helping to create step plans which are clear for non-tax specialists.
- Support the Group Tax Manager with all other ad-hoc queries and projects when required.
- Take responsibility for developing your own knowledge and understanding of tax and tax developments to ensure you’re a well-informed adviser within the team.
- Support the wider finance team with queries as needed.
- Someone who has begun their career in finance and has some experience working in a finance department or an accounting practice. Tax experience is useful but not essential.
- Equipped with a finance qualification of some sort, or studying towards one, or interested to begin studying towards one.
- Highly experienced in using Excel including advanced formulas and functions.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
- Proactive with an approach to solving problems with the ability to minimise repeated errors.
- An engaged and enthusiastic individual, motivated to develop your skills and experience.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks café
- Support will be offered for professional qualifications, as applicable to the role
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply