On September 24th Superdry will be going live with a new recruitment system.
This is the part of this website where you complete application forms and log into to view progress on your applications. From that date you will no longer be able to access details on applications made before that date. If you have an application in progress on that date, it will still be valid and will still be managed behind the scenes by our team. You will not need to reapply. Thank you.
Job Title: Assistant Merchandiser
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-09-11
Close date: 2019-10-18
Closing date for applications: 18-10-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Assistant Merchandiser - Cheltenham
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Merchandising sits right at the heart of everything that Superdry do. The team play a critical part in the process of the product journey from an initial idea to the shop floor. We are currently looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join our team and be a part of this incredible growth. You will be involved in all stages of the product life-cycle and become an expert in sales performance, trading your department and exceeding sales and profit targets within the team.
As an Assistant Merchandiser, you will be commercially aware of the fashion retail market, our competitors and be able to present your ideas confidently to all levels within the business. Uniquely, we work closely with our co-founder Julian Dunkerton who has great involvement in our design and merchandising strategy, so you will get fantastic exposure to see the passion and creativation of our founder first-hand.
- Support your Merchandiser with seasonal planning for the department, assisting with strategy formulation by preparing and analyzing historical / current trade analysis and lessons learnt information.
- Assist your Merchandiser in creating a Global Range Option Framework, creating the optimum number of options to fulfil Retail and Wholesale sales potential
- Monitor and maintain control over option count, from buy process through to trading
- Play a key role in Range Build and Buys, to create the optimum range for the target market that delivers on sales plans
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including Brand Business Management, Production and Design teams
- Accurately undertake volume and margin forecasts, placing orders that fulfil stock allocation requirements and ensuring options meet space targets
- Update and maintain the WSSI to forecast sales in order to highlight sales opportunity and flag risks
- Define allocation strategies, rephase / rebuy / cancel stocks, and move stock within the business to the optimum location, aligning branch stocks to linear space targets
- Demonstrate commercial thinking by taking effective actions to maximize store performance
- Understand, analyse and maximize sales opportunities within our global, digital and multi channeled business. Planning and trading the range in ways that are appropriate and profitable to the target markets, concurrently accounting for Ecom and Wholesale needs and opportunities
- Assist your Merchandiser in formulating an appropriate markdown and exit strategy for the product
- Fully comprehend factors that affect margin, profit and markdown and will constantly find ways to drive these forward
- Provide day to day support to the Merchandiser and deputizing as required. Including managing and developing the Merchandising Administration Assistants in the department as well as managing your own development and suggest training for self-improvement
- A confident communicator, engaging when presenting and able to influence at all levels
- A strong user of Microsoft Excel and adept at working with high volumes of data, coupled with excellent numeracy skills
- Highly organised with a real attention to detail
- Aware of the importance of critical path management
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Adaptable to change and take a flexible approach to ways of working
- Commercially astute with an understanding of customer profile, product range and competitors
- Experienced at leading, developing and managing others
- Someone who is currently working as an Assistant Merchandiser, ideally with experience working for a large fashion retailer
- Someone who can demonstrate experience of managing and developing either a direct report or peer
- Degree level educated or equivalent experience
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or prepared to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply