On September 24th Superdry will be going live with a new recruitment system.
This is the part of this website where you complete application forms and log into to view progress on your applications. From that date you will no longer be able to access details on applications made before that date. If you have an application in progress on that date, it will still be valid and will still be managed behind the scenes by our team. You will not need to reapply. Thank you.
Job Title: Hair & Makeup Artist 12 Month FTC
Type: Fixed Term
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-09-11
Close date: 2019-10-04
Closing date for applications: 04-10-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
An opportunity has arisen for a 12 month fixed term contract in the Head Office Photographic Studio as a Hair & Makeup Artist. The successful candidate will primarily work in-house as part of the Studio team to prepare models for ecommerce photo and film. If and when other opportunities arise they may also be required to work on location to support Studio shoots.
The main aim of the role is to ensure the highest levels of Hair & Makeup expertise. Reporting to the Studio Coordinator, the successful applicant will be part of a wider Styling team and may also help to host the external talent at Head Office on each ecommerce shoot day.
The Hair & Makeup Artist should be eager to immerse themselves in the Studio and have some knowledge of relevant products. There will be daily responsibility for preparing models in an efficient and timely manner to meet the call list and scheduling requirements.
- Prepare models daily for ecommerce shooting at Superdry Head Office for photography and film
- Be on set to supervise and adjust hair and makeup as and when required
- Maintain a consistent and high standard of hair & makeup and act as the in-house expert in this field
- Work with the Studio Coordinator and Studio Style team to research and present current trends
- Where required, assist the Studio Style team in preparing for shoots/events and castings
- Be able to source and procure relevant products and equipment to meet Studio requirements
- Proactively organize and prepare for shoots on tight schedules and manage workload appropriately
- Work on other shoots as and when required
- Assist the Style team in hosting talent when required
- Degree level qualified in Hair & Makeup or equivalent, or hold equivalent industry experience
- An experienced on-set hair and makeup artist
- Able to work regularly and consistently at a high standard
- Practiced in working in a fast-paced studio environment
- Professional experience preparing Hair & Makeup on fashion models
- Able to present comfortably when researching new trends
- Some experience of Microsoft Office to help track costings if required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Available to work and commute to our Head Office in Cheltenham
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply