On September 24th Superdry will be going live with a new recruitment system.
This is the part of this website where you complete application forms and log into to view progress on your applications. From that date you will no longer be able to access details on applications made before that date. If you have an application in progress on that date, it will still be valid and will still be managed behind the scenes by our team. You will not need to reapply. Thank you.
Job Title: Fabric Technologist
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-09-10
Close date: 2019-10-08
Closing date for applications: 08-10-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
We’re currently recruiting for a Fabric Technologist to join our expanding fabric team to deliver a cohesive Fabric Programme, setting high standards, supporting innovation, and achieving best quality and consistency across our supply base.
- Engage in product risk assessment meetings, highlighting areas of concern and helping to advise on solutions and improvements, enabling a timely resolution
- Manage suppliers to deliver best quality fabrics and provide fabric submissions comments in line with the departmental SLA and suppliers are set up for successful bulk production and on-time delivery
- Encourage a right-first-time approach, challenging suppliers to improve performance, communication and ways of working where necessary
- Manage test results and product disposition on fabric testing platforms
- Actively manage failures, coordinating with all stakeholders on rejected base fabrics and ensure fabrics are improved and re-submitted without delay
- Ensure suppliers consistently adhere to testing requirements, providing weekly updates to highlight late and incorrect submissions
- Input all comments and fabric specifications onto our Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM) and ensure all fabric and colour libraries are well managed and up to date. You will also ensure standards are signed off and available to all stakeholders
- Support Sourcing initiatives, working with suppliers where fabric developments are required and ensuring Superdry’s high fabric quality standards are met and maintained
- Create relevant technical information, reports and manuals, developing the data in close collaboration with stakeholders to deliver quality and consistency
- Work with the quality team on chemical compliance to reduce and ultimately eliminate the risk of chemical contamination
- Actively take ownership of fabric quality and delivery, from photo sample though to shipment
- A textile expert with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- University educated in a technical textile discipline
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of fabric production and components, across wovens and knits, a wide variety of product categories, print techniques, wash and finishing processes
- Someone with an excellent understanding of testing standards, chemical compliance, textile legislation and global legal requirements.
- Ideally familiar with PLM
- Experienced in the testing and reporting of fabrics and product components, able to interpret the results and recognise the impact on product
- Able to work at pace, embracing change in a busy environment and can cope effectively with the need to manage multiple demands
- Well organised and accustomed to delivering detailed and accurate information on time
- Able to collaborate well with a team of talented Developers and Technologists, working across categories, mentoring and coaching to deliver fabric knowledge
- A flexible team player, with positive attitude and an agile approach within the Quality and Technical department
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply