Job Title: Accounts Payable Senior
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 03.03.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable “Senior” to join our Finance Operations Team. You will be integral to supporting the end-to-end payables process for Stock and Logistics, building, and developing a strong and capable team.
You will be supporting the business globally in completing timely and accurate financial and management information, always maintaining a high standard of work.
You will have experience of AP processes and people management, working well under pressure and to tight deadlines using your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Manage a small team of Accounts Payable Assistants, driving a productive and performance led environment
- Ensure that team priorities and KPIs are understood and work outputs are completed on time and to a high standard
- Ensure Stock and Logistics invoices are coded correctly, and suppliers paid on time across the various Superdry entities and countries, balancing the needs of the business and customer in equal measure
- Monitor supplier accounts and ensure they are reconciled and any discrepancies managed
- Provide Finance and business colleagues with information and reports as required
- Deal with escalations from the team and customers, both internal and external in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure integrity of control around key AP activities such as payment runs and month end close
- Build strong relationships across the immediate and wider Finance team to ensure the success and effectiveness of role
- Highlight risks relating to the end to end AP processes and controls to the appropriate people, recommending remedial action
- Demonstrate a strong level of credibility across Finance and the wider business
- Take the lead with queries from internal and external auditors as requested
- Deputise for the other AP Senior and or Manager as required
- Offer ideas for process improvement and highlight areas of risk that could impact the integrity of systems, process and the business
- Ensure the correct level of skill, competency and cover exists within the team
- Be responsible for training and supporting team members across the wider AP Team
- Lead by example, building trusting and inclusive relationships across Accounts Payable
- Analytical by nature, and able to apply a solution-based approach to your own work and that of others in the team
- Organised, with a strong attention to detail and financial data
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline and goal driven environment
- An excellent and articulate communicator, able to work closely will other areas of Finance and key business areas
- Someone who can manage and respect different speeds and abilities of learning in a calm and nurturing manner
- Experienced with Microsoft office, specifically Excel
- Interested and passionate about a career in Finance
- Experienced in prioritising a high workload and able to flex and adapt during peak periods
- A steady and calming influence, with the ability to cope well in times of pressure
- Working towards or have completed your AAT (desirable but not essential)
- Experienced in using CODA (advantageous but not essential)
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply