On September 24th Superdry will be going live with a new recruitment system.
This is the part of this website where you complete application forms and log into to view progress on your applications. From that date you will no longer be able to access details on applications made before that date. If you have an application in progress on that date, it will still be valid and will still be managed behind the scenes by our team. You will not need to reapply. Thank you.
Job Title: Head of Investor Relations
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-08-29
Close date: 2019-09-27
Closing date for applications: 27-09-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world.
With our business settling into the next phase of our evolution under new leadership, with our founder Julian Dunkerton returning as CEO and Peter Williams as Chairman, the support of our investors will be critical in our pursuit of success. Managing and cultivating our relationships with key investors, helping them to understand our evolving strategy and getting their backing and support, will be a key element in returning our profits and share price to their previous highs and then beyond.
To enable this, we are seeking an experienced Head of Investor Relations to work closely with our Board, Executive Committee and our major shareholders across the world. You’ll be well versed in all aspects of the IR world and will understand how the city works, who the key players are, and what strategies are required to manage investor relationships effectively. You’ll come equipped with well established relationships with major investors and a positive reputation within the investor community.
You’ll also be up for a challenge. We need someone who is tough enough to handle the scrutiny that we’ll be under, with the commercial skills to fully understand and communicate an evolving strategy in a way that secures buy-in from an audience who will at times be sceptical, and will always be direct, challenging and highly motivated to ensure that success is delivered.
- Support the CFO with all aspects of IR work including contributing to the development of the IR strategy, working alongside the CFO and external advisors.
- Support our relationships with major city investors, communicating our evolving strategy and securing support for our plans and direction, thus ensuring their continued commitment to invest and build stakes in the business.
- Proactively work with brokers to ensure a continuous stream of new investor interest in the business.
- Effectively communicate with the wider financial community using a variety of channels and resources.
- Ensure all external communication regarding business performance is clear, accurate and consistent and that external expectations are managed prior to formal announcements. Including managing consensus of all financial KPIs.
- Support the production of the annual report and accounts, with specific responsibility for consolidating the “front half” of the report. Also contribute to written material for capital markets days and prelims.
- Analyse information on the capital market and shareholder and other investor behaviours in order to systematically inform the Board and Executive team on status developments, and the investment community’s attitude towards Superdry.
- Manage the planning and flow of corporate public relations information through our third party support company.
- Safeguard our reputation through the creation of a PR risk framework.
- Support the wider Finance team with financial analysis and capital returns projects.
- Experienced in investor relations and financial communications for a major UK plc business, ideally in or around the retail sector, though candidates from other sectors will also be welcome to apply. We’ll also consider people from the investor community interested in moving across to the other side.
- On the way up in your career with plenty of headroom to grow and stretch.
- Well networked within the investor community with strong pre-existing relationships with major investors, able to build trust and confidence within the investment community.
- A commercial and strategic thinker with the capability to execute the role tactically, combined with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key leaders in and around the business including the CEO/founder, and provide direction and influence at Board level.
- Comfortable working in a challenging environment. Excited about embracing the challenges that are inherent in our current situation and keen to play a significant part in our comeback.
- Able to persuasively present both financial and strategic information in both written and oral form.
- A qualified finance professional with a strong professional finance background prior to your IR career.
- Able to work at our Cheltenham head office for the majority of the time and also spend significant time in London around announcements, plus travel abroad at key times in the investment cycle.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Basic salary up to £90k
- Pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Bonus opportunity
- Car allowance
- Private Medical
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Fabulous range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply