On September 24th Superdry will be going live with a new recruitment system.
This is the part of this website where you complete application forms and log into to view progress on your applications. From that date you will no longer be able to access details on applications made before that date. If you have an application in progress on that date, it will still be valid and will still be managed behind the scenes by our team. You will not need to reapply. Thank you.
Job Title: Interim Senior Management Accountant – Head Office Costs
Type: Fixed Term
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-09-12
Close date: 2019-09-20
Closing date for applications: 20-09-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale, and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country of the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join the team, looking after Central Costs. This will involve providing timely and accurate financial and management information, which will inform a wide-ranging audience and provide insight in to current and future performance. The role will also oversee the audit of central costs across the group. There is one direct report into this role, which has the potential to grow over time.
You will be a qualified accountant and have strong practical experience in industry, ideally within retail. Experience of working with international entity accounts as well as audit processes would be highly desirable. In addition, you will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment whilst being able to deliver against deadlines, to a high standard. Experience of Cognos or related systems would also be advantageous.
- Be responsible for the delivery of a well understood and explainable result for group central and marketing costs
- Be accountable for explaining areas of responsibility within the monthly results review meeting with management accounts, FP&A, and commercial finance
- Maintain and reconcile the balance sheet accounts in the area of central costs with any risks and opportunities understood, documented, and communicated to the relevant business partner as appropriate
- Work closely with the Finance Business Partners to ensure that they can communicate the position within their areas effectively to the relevant operational teams and are set up to provide guidance surrounding accruals accounting within the monthly reporting cycle
- Ensure that any anomalies arising from accounts preparation have been investigated and reported on, with feedback to sub ledger teams where necessary
- Prepare and submit the relevant analysis pages for the monthly management accounts pack accurately and insightfully
- Constantly review and question current processes and improve upon them as necessary to ensure that controls are strong and month end is as efficient as possible
- Ensure that the business complies with accounting standards and legislative frameworks
- Contribute to a smooth and clean audit as required, by working with the company’s external and internal auditors, thus minimising risk
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process as necessary
- Support other areas of the finance team with ad hoc requests where necessary
- Lead, and develop two direct reports as part of the role and ensure that they are motivated and performing at a high level
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA fully qualified
- Have practical experience of accounting and management within industry
- Proactive, driven, resilient, and able to work under your own initiative
- Competent and comfortable with using finance systems
- Able to hit the ground running, with a positive and driven attitude to make a real difference
- A strong communicator with the ability to interact across all levels of the business
- Comfortable explaining complex financial information to non-finance stakeholders in a clear and engaging way
- Able to foster strong working relationships with the team and with cross functional team members
- Able to deliver consistently against deadlines to a high standard, with a real focus on delivery
- Located within commuting distance of our Cheltenham head office
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone received a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply