Job Title: Senior Social Marketing Manager
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 08.03.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
This role will establish and oversee the execution of the brand marketing strategies in the Social channel, across the collections and platforms, providing the objectives and direction to amplify and elevate the Superdry brand through social and digital communications.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Social and Digital Marketing professional create and implement the strategy to develop, engage and grow Superdry’s presence across Social Media through delivery of integrated, segmented calendars of content that support the cultures and activate the audiences of the four style choices. In this channel we should be relevant, we should stand out, we should be shared, we should be admired, we should be renown.
Reporting into the Head of Channel Marketing and working collaboratively with Brand Managers, Copy & Content Editor, PR, Creative Centre, Brand Production, Performance Marketing teams and Email Marketing teams, this role will contribute to the change and elevation in brand perceptions by managing the social and digital consumer conversations, relationships and community growth.
- Translate the overall brand vision and strategy for execution through your channel, segmented by style choice, target audience and platforms.
- Grow the Superdry digital community in line with agreed measures and milestones, building a deep understanding of our audience(s), their interests and motivations and digital neighbourhood to gain actionable insights to strengthen the connection to the brand.
- Amplify marketing communication strategy across social and digital platforms, owned accounts and not, overseeing the execution of the content plan and calendar with appropriate and agreed success tracking measures in place.
- Oversee the engagement with consumers through social media marketing channels as a means to reset brand perceptions, spark positive interactions for the brand and the style choices to constantly improve consideration and attract the desired new consumers.
- Challenge business as usual, seek out innovation, disrupt so we stand out and are ‘talked’ about, renown and admired for our approach to the channel.
- Manage the relationships with agencies and service partners, equipping them with a deep understanding of the brand, the style choices, collections and objectives to ensure maximum effectiveness of any retainer, the media spend, monitoring and reporting weekly and monthly.
- Be the authority on your channel for the business, a source of knowledge for best practice, innovation, benchmarks, competitor activity, social data, trends, insights and future thinking.
- Analyse and report (monthly/ad hoc) on the performance of social marketing programs, reviewing results by tactic and ROAS to proactively recognise and optimise audience interactions, and inform on future content briefs.
- Collaborate with the Performance and Email Marketing team to ensure paid activity is brand enhancing and social and digital media contributes also as a revenue channel for the business.
- Collaborate closely with the Channel Marketing leads and Brand Managers to assure alignment, consistency and integration of marketing communication across the consumer touch points and the seasonal calendar.
- Collaborate with the Copy and Content Editor and Brand Managers to build the seasonal content calendar and ensure the segmented requirements of the style choices and platforms are met in time
- Oversee the management of system administration such as permissions, content publishing, account management, analysis and other back-end tools.
- Manage and report upon the channel market budget in line with agreed phasing and segmentation of investment.
- Roll out, execute and monitor social media strategy in key markets being the key point of liaison with global partners
- Oversee the monitoring of and inform upon the health and sentiment towards the brand on social platforms, oversee the responses and dialogue with our consumers ensuring a brand enhancing relationship at all times.
- In the medium term drive the global strategy, approach, processes, provision and policing to align partner social accounts with global brand position, ensuring a consistency in experience and quality for local followers and enhance the presence of the brand.
- Inspire, manage and develop your direct reports (2) providing clear direction and regular feedback to direct reports, building a collaborative, valued, high functioning team that is an integral part of the marketing, creative and commercial teams.
- Start and finish everything with the consumer.
- A social media guru, you live and breathe this channel and are fanatical about its future.
- Passionate, energetic and identify with our style choices and their cultures.
- Experienced in businesses/brands of scale, but also those considered startup, independent or disruptive.
- From a branded background, hopefully in sports or fashion possibly with agency experience managing brands in this channel.
- Agile, adaptable and resilient, able to switch between strategy and tactics.
- A competent communicator with excellent relationship management and influencing skills. A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Experienced at successfully rolling out strategies and plans globally, credible and persuasive enough to influence and gain buy in to central direction.
- Proven track record of prospecting growing and engaging the right social audiences and communities of brand advocates, you understand consumers and how to translate behaviours into insight and actions.
- Understanding of the ‘paid’ aspects of social and digital and the commercial drivers of success.
- Someone one with strong analytical skills including familiarity with web analytics tools and social media reporting tools, specific knowledge of Sprinklr would be useful.
- Aware and engaged on trends, developments and new thinking in social/digital media
- Able to manage and develop a team on social best practices and strategic planning
- Experienced at successfully managing budgets and competent with both hard and soft reporting metrics
- A natural relationship builder that seeks out the connections to be able to deliver
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply