Job Title: Copywriter
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-08-12
Close date: 2019-09-09
Closing date for applications: 09-09-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
The Superdry Content Team is in search of a copywriter with a passion for fashion who can see editorial projects from beginning to end. In this role, you’ll write cross-channel content to support business needs and brand vision. You’ll serve as a guardian for our brand tone of voice through style, story and content.
- Under direction of the Global Content Manager, act as owner and guardian of the Superdry brand tone voice and guidelines across all channels
- Create a style checklist and product glossary to direct how we speak about our brand
- Write engaging, creative messaging for all business functions – including (but not exclusive to) HR onboarding documents, Wholesale Lookbooks and product messaging, Brand campaigns, weekly emailers, social media captions, blog and website updates
- Work with the Brand and Content Executive to identify opportunities for content/ storytelling and write appropriate copy
- Take briefs from our SEO team on digital/ blog copy – ensuring that any copy written with an SEO objective delivers SEO uplift
- Undertake regular research (both reactive and proactive) to assist with content projects – e.g. interviewing design and brand business management teams on our seasonal and product USPs
- Ensure all creative copy is well written, logically structured, and grammatically/ factually accurate
- Stay up to date with the latest content marketing and fashion trends
- Proactively suggest improvements to create smooth running processes/ workflows and implement these where directed
- An experienced copywriter with the ability to balance creative, commercial and SEO objectives
- Passionate about the editorial process, grammar and style guidelines
- A self-starter with meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- A graduate with a Fashion, Journalism, Creative Writing or English Literature degree
- Interested in fashion and fashion editorial
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- We offer flexible working for this position for those who have special circumstances/ need to commute.
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply