On September 24th Superdry will be going live with a new recruitment system.
This is the part of this website where you complete application forms and log into to view progress on your applications. From that date you will no longer be able to access details on applications made before that date. If you have an application in progress on that date, it will still be valid and will still be managed behind the scenes by our team. You will not need to reapply. Thank you.
Job Title: Interim Junior Management Accountant - Head Office Costs
Type: Fixed Term
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-09-10
Close date: 2019-09-27
Closing date for applications: 27-09-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale, and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country of the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
We have an opportunity for a Junior Management Accountant to join the team on an interim basis to cover a period of maternity leave, working on head office costs. This will involve providing timely and accurate financial and management information for head office overhead cost centres, informing a wide ranging audience with insight into current and future performance.
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to progress their career in Finance, supporting the Senior Management Accountant in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, producing high quality work against tight deadlines. We’re ideally looking for some experience of management accounting but will also look at ambitious, driven individuals with a background in a different area of finance, such as Accounts Payable, Credit Control, Commercial Finance etc, who have begun an accountancy qualification and are looking for their next step. Some experience of financial systems would also be advantageous.
- Support the Senior Management Accountant for head office costs, along with the wider team and peers
- Assist in the delivery of a well understood and explainable result in the area of head office costs
- Reconcile the balance sheet accounts in the area of head office costs with any risks and opportunities understood, documented, and communicated
- Investigate and report on any anomalies arising from accounts preparation with feedback to sub-ledger teams where necessary
- Assist in producing the analysis page for all head office costs for the monthly management accounts pack
- Look for ways to improve current processes to speed up month-end and enhance controls
- Ensure that any actions comply with accounting standards and legislative frameworks
- Assist with internal and external audit requests to ensure that a clean audit is achieved, thus minimising risk
- Develop an understanding of the underlying performance of the head office costs areas via weekly operational reports
- Be able to explain complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders in a clear and engaging way
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process as necessary
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required outside of normal duties
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA part qualified
- Experienced in working within a busy finance team
- Ideally experienced in a junior management accounting role, or at least understanding of how management accounting works
- Competent in using finance systems and able to pick up new ones quickly
- Able to understand balance sheets and financial statements
- Happy to start in a role doing postings, reconciliations etc
- Keen to build on your experience and take the next step in your accounting career
- Proactive, driven, resilient, and able to work under your own initiative
- Able to hit the ground running, with a positive and driven attitude to make a real difference
- A strong communicator, able to build relationships with the team and cross functional team members
- Located within commuting distance of our Cheltenham head office
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more.
Download job description Apply