Job Title: Wholesale Business Systems Analyst
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-07-02
Close date: 2019-08-02
Closing date for applications: 02-08-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £96m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our Business Systems team, sitting within our IT function, enable various parts of the business to operate effectively by providing the core systems on which they rely. This spans everything from retail point of sale systems and store footfall counters to complex merchandising management systems and the systems on which we run our logistics. This particular role focuses on the systems that underpin our wholesale operation. Wholesale is a massive part of our business and is truly global in nature – we supply product to other retailers worldwide to sell through their shops and websites.
You’ll support and develop the systems that underpin this activity, and maintain the ability to integrate and electronically trade with our wholesale partners. These are critically important systems that allow for the smooth and speedy flow of information, allowing for effective real time decision making and execution. You’ll work with the external system provider and with internal stakeholders to ensure that the system is up to date, operationally fit for purpose, and fully supports our business objectives.
For this role, a background in technology or IT is important, as is some experience of a Business Systems Analyst type role. You’ll understand the process of understanding internal customer requirements, scoping solutions, and working with the external vendor to deliver the solutions to the business. We’re looking for analytical skills, a creative mind and strong communication skills too.
- Collaborate with the business and wholesale partners to define requirements and contribute to the evolution of wholesale systems, in particular the EDI tool.
- Support, analyse, configure and implement and test changes and patches to wholesale systems in order to deliver continuous improvement and ensure that wholesale partners are enabled to achieve their objectives and strategy.
- Subject systems changes to an agreed level of quality assurance to ensure that they are fit for purpose. Create test scenarios, test scripts and handover documents for user acceptance testing and standard operating procedure creation.
- Specify and document wholesale systems changes and play back to stakeholders to ensure that all parties expectations are in line.
- Manage implementations in a way that reduces or removes risk as much as possible.
- Manage key suppliers and third parties ensuring deliverables remain on time and to specification.
- Investigate, diagnose, reproduce, overcome and track system issues by examining data, utilising error logs and all available support materials and tools to successfully resolve issues. Advise the business on known issues and provide workarounds when appropriate.
- Maintain high standards of communication and reporting, where expectations are clearly set out, with progress and issues reported appropriately.
- Ensure that processes for managing and implementing change are continuously reviewed and improved upon to ensure that they remain efficient, effective and appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and appropriate technical knowledge in order to maximise the effectiveness of support provided to the business
- An experienced Business Systems Analyst with a track record in a related role, ideally with some experience of supporting and administering wholesale systems or other related systems integration tools. EDI experience would be a major advantage.
- Ideally, knowledgeable about relevant products with the ability to configure, implement, test and troubleshoot systems, and file types such as SFTP, FTP, CSV, XML and others. This is desirable rather than essential.
- Technically strong with a sound background in IT from education, experience or both, with the capability to quickly understand and explain technical information and systems.
- Able to translate real world problems into creative technical solutions that deliver real results to colleagues.
- Creative, with an innovative mindset and the ability to develop compelling solutions to challenging problems, but also with the ability to work effectively within established processes.
- Attentive to detail, with the ability to juggle large volumes of diverse work.
- A quick learner with the ability to pick up new things quickly, and a real thirst for knowledge.
- An inquisitive, curious character with the ability to ask insightful questions and establish requirements from stakeholders and partners, guiding and influencing their thinking.
- Charismatic, outgoing character with the ability to form strong working relationships and get on with a diverse range of colleagues and suppliers.
- Overall, a sensible commercial head on shoulders with the ability to ask the right questions AND a sound technical background be it from experience, home geek or pure classroom.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply