Job Title: IT Technical Specialist (Networks)
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-07-01
Close date: 2019-08-02
Closing date for applications: 02-08-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our IT department supports the wider business by providing the technology and tools to enable everyone else to deliver their work successfully. From PCs and laptops to mobile and fixed line comms, from store operating systems to specialist software systems that are vital to the smooth running of different departments, we underpin the success of the company by ensuring everyone can do their jobs without worrying about whether they have the right technology to do so.
This Technical Specialist role is accountable for carrying out general support/maintenance tasks and project work geared around Superdry’s core IT systems, specifically data networks (WAN and LAN), switches, routers, voice networks, servers and general server software (e.g. operating systems/backup/anti-virus) and the associated security aspects relevant to these areas.
We’re looking for someone with a strong technical background in network related products and systems, with experience in 3rd Line technical support type roles. You’ll be comfortable configuring and fixing a wide range of equipment, and will be able to act as our expert source of knowledge in this area.
- Provide a robust 3rd line incident management response service, focusing on network infrastructure
- Maintain a robust, reliable and fully functional infrastructure environment
- Work with network architects for both local and wide area networks
- Manage and maintain the Superdry wireless infrastructure
- Manage and implement network solutions
- Maximise system availability via proactive monitoring and performance trending
- Ensure network security is maintained
- Work with third parties involved with supporting the core systems/services
- Act as Technical Lead/Project Manager for system implementations
- Provide input into the technical roadmap for Superdry
- Provide detailed documentation for all new changes and implementations
- Be available 24/7 on call support as part of the wider team rota
- Highly experienced in relevant 3rd line technical support roles, with a networks focus
- Able to demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and understanding of networks (both LAN and WAN products), servers, switches, routers, voice networks and other associated products
- Able to configure, troubleshoot and fix all relevant products
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service through a positive customer focused attitude.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and suppliers, utilising excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical with the ability to interrogate information and draw insightful conclusions.
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or able to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply