Job Title: 3rd Line Technical Services Supervisor
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-06-28
Close date: 2019-07-26
Closing date for applications: 26-07-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our IT department supports the wider business by providing the technology and tools to enable everyone else to deliver their work successfully. From PCs and laptops to mobile and fixed line comms, from store operating systems to specialist software systems that are vital to the smooth running of different departments, we underpin the success of the company by ensuring everyone can do their jobs without worrying about whether they have the right technology to do so.
This role will supervise the 3rd Line technical team, sitting within the wider IT department and ensuring Superdry end users of IT receive a world class service and experience. This includes managing all 3rd line incidents, managing all technical systems, telephony equipment, networks, servers and other infrastructure equipment, along with creating and maintaining a clearly defined and aligned project roadmap. You’ll act as the driving force behind systems performance and uptime, ensuring that downtime is minimised whilst actively prioritising system and data security.
We’re looking for someone with a strong technical background across a broad range of technologies and systems, but equally important is somebody who has some good people leadership experience and the ability to develop a team. The ability to balance the technical and people aspects is an important aspect of this role.
- Lead and manage a team of six 3rd line technical specialists.
- Maintain a robust, reliable and fully functional infrastructure environment.
- Ensure that systems availability is managed along with performance trending.
- Ensure that the network security and data is maintained.
- Manage a technical services 24/7/365 major incident on call service.
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues and act as escalation point for all service requests and incidents.
- Ensure all incidents logged contain appropriate levels of information and suitable solutions are added to the knowledge base on a regular basis..
- Analyse performance of all 3rd line support activities, identify problem areas and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Own and champion the 3rd line technical services roadmap.
- Champion the IT Disaster Recovery planning and testing schedule.
- Be accountable for the delivery of all technical team projects, working closely with a range of stakeholders,
- Work with external parties as required to support the core systems/services.
- Provide regular systems related reports and updates to the IT Leadership Team.
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Experienced in delivering 3rd line technical support services.
- Broadly experienced with expertise and strong technical knowledge across multiple systems and infrastructure products, particularly networks, servers and telephony.
- Ideally qualified in ITIL, though this is not essential.
- An experienced manager and leader of people, able to develop and engage a team, keeping them motivated and delivering high quality work on a consistent basis.
- Able to effectively balance the technical and people leadership aspects of the role.
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service through a positive customer focused attitude.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and suppliers, utilising excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical with the ability to interrogate information and draw insightful conclusions.
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or able to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply