Job Title: Software Delivery Product Owner
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-06-27
Close date: 2019-07-26
Closing date for applications: 26-07-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate nearly 25 ecommerce websites in a multitude of different languages, and sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting-edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. The role of Product Owner is to lead key Digital projects, accountable for ensuring that multi-disciplinary project teams complete their work to the right standard, on time and within budget, whilst managing stakeholders and ultimately ensuring successful delivery of the projects.
We’re looking for an experienced Digital/ecommerce project manager with strong experience in relevant roles, exceptional project management skills and fantastic interpersonal skills who has worked for another online retailer or ecommerce business, and who is looking for a challenging position with one of the UK’s leading online businesses,
- Manage and lead a team of between 4 and seven software developers.
- Deliver allocated Digital roadmap projects, coordinating the project team and delivering on time, within budget and to specification Ensure the product is fit for purpose and ensure the 24/7 running of the product.
- Proactively challenge solutions and technological approach where necessary helping to contribute to the best solution for our customers.
- Ensure planned activities are well communicated and the product team are well informed.
- Report on project KPI’s and keep track of the product team’s timesheets.
- Produce insight to optimise the product, to achieve business and technical opportunities.
- Be the subject matter expert for your product within the business.
- Work closely with the business and technical architect to define solutions.
- Work closely with the test team to coordinate test cycles for your product.
- Experienced in delivering Digital/ecommerce projects and solutions with deep experience in a similar role.
- From an online retailer or other relevant ecommerce company, an agency servicing online retailers, or an IT solutions consultancy.
- Experienced in leading teams of people, overseeing their day to day activity and ensuring that they are productive, happy and engaged.
- Experienced in both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Technically minded with a strong grasp of relevant technologies and systems.
- Comfortable managing complex, multi-faceted, highly challenging projects with lots at stake
- A good communicator with strong influencing and organisational skills.
- Able to challenge colleagues hard to think differently, stretch themselves and be truly innovative
- Unwilling to accept ordinary or be told that something isn’t possible
- Analytical and inquisitive, able to identify the right questions to get to the right answers.
- Able to manage stakeholders at all levels, including those who can be demanding and difficult.
- Experienced in managing project teams.
- Able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment, juggling multiple tasks.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or willing to relocate for the role.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply