Job Title: Software Delivery Programme Lead
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-06-27
Close date: 2019-07-26
Closing date for applications: 26-07-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate nearly 25 ecommerce websites in a multitude of different languages, and sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting-edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role is a senior leadership position with in the function, reporting into the Head of Digital Technology. You’ll be responsible for managing around six Product Owners, each with a different area of responsibility, who as a team cover all of our Ecommerce platforms and solution. Our team of software developers, who work mainly in PHP for front end applications and Java for back end ones, report into the Product Owners.
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced software delivery professional, able to understand business requirements then work with an in-house technical team to turn them into a reality. This role is about developing bespoke solutions not buying in ready-made software packages from external vendors. You’ll need to have a strong technical appreciation but you don’t necessarily need to have been a developer yourself, as you won’t be coding. You’ll be an excellent leader of people and a really strong communicator, able to work confidently and effectively with senior stakeholders.
You’ll also be a strong programme manager who understands how to balance business requirements, resources and finances, manage stakeholder expectations and deliver strong business value. You’ll be able to offer sensible advice during production challenges taking into account commercial and time implications. You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced, change—heavy, entrepreneurial environment.
- Manage the digital technology roadmap to time and cost delivering projects across a global Ecommerce solution hosted across AWS, IBM and various other third parties.
- Manage multiple and concurrent programmes of work across all our different websites including consumer, business to business (wholesale),order management system (OMS), admin portal / content management system and related systems.
- Manage a team of six Product Owners and through them, a team of around 30 developers. Work in close conjunction with test, support and BI/data teams within Ecommerce, and with the Business Transformation team.
- Work with stakeholders to define project requirements, work with technical teams to develop suitable solutions, then oversee the ensuing programmes of work.
- Help define ways of working across the teams and ensure governance is in place to support.
- Coach & develop the team, making them more efficient in their delivery practices, governance and communication.
- Manage stakeholders via effective communication, including keeping all stakeholders regularly updates with progress on projects.
- Create, or support the creation of, business cases related to projects both within the department and across the organisation.
- Manage project risks and opportunities.
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers.
- Potentially manage some projects directly, if resource is not available within the team.
- An experienced software delivery manager with a track record of delivering complex software solutions on time and to budget.
- Accomplished in the development of solutions utilising in-house technical resource, as opposed to buying enterprise software in from outside.
- Experienced in the delivery of agile & waterfall programme management techniques.
- Equipped with a technical understanding and preferably a technical background. Able to talk to developers in their own language.
- Experienced in cloud software delivery, preferably using AWS or related technology.
- Experience / knowledge of Jira / Confluence and effectively delivering tasks to engineering teams.
- Creative and innovative, highly solution focused and highly customer focused.
- Focused on delivering business value while ensuring operational stability within the team.
- A logical thinker who keeps calm under pressure.
- Able to challenge technical teams to ensure the solution is the right solution.
- Strong written and verbal communicator able to communicate with all levels of the organisation, with strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to challenge and influence effectively.
- A very strong leader of people, able to effectively engage, motivate, nurture, develop and inspire a large team of talented individuals.
- Located within commutable distance of Cheltenham or willing to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Private medical
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply